Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era

Nope, its just a cop out.

You dont know a damn thing about drumming do you?

Try talking to some actual drummers, keyboardists and guitarists, not including DT fanboys.

:laughing:

Read my signature.

You had Kurt Cobain on the poll instead of Shawn Lane, KURT ****ING COBAIN, SHAWN ****ING LANE!!!

And you call me a idiot?...How dare you, you f*cking abomination to the human race.

You're such a condesending jerk, those are all excuses, you didnt know jackshit about guitar playing, admit it.

It dosent explain Kurt Cobain being on there instead of countless guitar players who are better.

And you're lying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't heard all his work but I've heard what's regarded as his best. And no, it didn't really come close to Rudess' best. The guy is in a class of his own.

Because he's in perhaps the most recognised prog band in the world?

I said he doesn't do it because he doesn't need to show off.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Expression in vocals is not very hard if you can find a way to relate to the lyrics. That is why you sit down with the lyrics if you didn't write them and analyze. What was the writer going for? What does he want us to feel? If you can decipher that, emotion and how well you create mooRAB is not that hard if you've been singing for a while. The choir I was in was known for great emotion, and we didn't even try that hard after analyzation.

and no, Adam Lopez owns the world record. Go to the guinness site and look up "highest vocal note" (I can't post URLs yet I guess).

It says "by a male," but it's actually by human being.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could you please point out which songs he does his lowest and which he does his highest? I'll take a listen tomorrow and tell you if you're correct.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

neil peart > mike portnoy.

That's funny, that's exactly what I feel about boo boo. I always back up my knowledge if it's worth doing so.

EG: I am sitting on a chair...do I really have to prove to you that I'm doing that?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry.

Please use the search function to check for existing threaRAB before creating a new one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The fact that you've only heard a few songs is exactly supporting my argument. Each DT album has an entirely different theme or mood associated with it. Because of this you can't make a general statement about DT without hearing all of their studio albums first.

My point wasn't saying that DT never wank, it was saying that they don't always, and your statement suggested that it's all they seem to do. Moreover, people have different definitions of wank, and many might feel that DT love to impress their audience, in which case they're recording these “wank sessions” to put on a show that people paid to see or hear...so what's wrong with that? Not everyone is going to like extremely long solos, but that's a part of prog and like I already said, DT aren't entirely about extended solos. See: Every track off their debut album, “Another Day,” “Surrounded,” almost every track off Awake, “Disappear,” etc, etc, etc.

Of course you can make any statement refelecting your opinon if you want, but I was pointing out that you seemed to have made an all-encompassing general statement by putting DT in negative light, and using the word “all.”

So not only haven't you heard all their albums, but you haven't even seen them live...did you at least click the link I gave?

And that's exactly what I'm saying; of course you can corabine them, and its my opinion that the majority of DT's work corabines them almost perfectly. The mother of all examples is “Metropolis” and that link I gave you is the mother of all extended solos examples.

mmm, my clever random nuraber generator assigns each poster a specific nuraber according to the order in which someone has posted. In this example, you were indeed three, yes. If it had of picked one, my reply would have been: "omg I love you."

At the end of the day, anyone can practice and practice and practice and be able to play anything they get the tabs for or whatever. But it takes true talent to write something good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information