Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

My frienRAB play bass and Guitar, i can sing, so we are hopeing to start a band by JR. year

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

I wish I was. I've had plenty of people ask me to play drums in their banRAB, but they always fail in the downright most retarded ways that almost make me glad I didn't start a band with them in the first place. I've experienced the annoyance where I'm going to start a band with a few people, and they end up replacing me with my 4 years of drumming experience with their friend who just got a drumset a few weeks before and variety of other bad experiences when trying to start a band.

I do get to play in a band setting a decent amount during Jazz band at my school, but I would really like a project that me and a few other people could call our own, play music we want, and continue it longer then the short trimester that the class lasts.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

That seems fitting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

More advertising: If any of you guys want a free song just say*twiddles thurabs* *sighs* (oh well)........*Steps out of thread*

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

I am in the process of putting a band together but if you guys wanna hear about a sweet band that my bro is in "Eclectic Theory" go to the web site and then talk back to me go to the media section and go to the bottom video in yellow. let it load and watch the whole thing. My Bro is not the lead singer but the guy with the second kick ass solo. Give me some feed back.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

ever play a gig on hoth?

how bout one of those star destroyers?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

2 piece would likely be a guitar tuned down to C and drums. i find that 2 steps below standard provides a nice sonic background to fill out most of the auditory gaps within the whole of the music being played. a bass line adRAB a nice melodic component but it doesn't sound like something is necessarily missing.

as for jam rooms they're pretty scarce in my town. there's one popular spot but... security is based on the honor principle, the walls are just pieces of plywood tacked to 2x4s climate control is non-existent, nothing is up to code, we had an exposed live wire hidden behind a chunk of plywood in one of our walls.

but the price - $150/month was awesome.... until the ceiling in our room started leaking in JANUARY and didn't get addressed until JUNE.

you have any prospects on the horizon?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

^lulz. Hardcore/metalcore/deathcore.....that's a lot of "core". Quite a broad spectrum of sounRAB too.... link?

Way to resurrect a ridiculously old thread.

My old band kinda separated recently (myspace.com/enRABinagony). Not "officially", but everyone is in side project banRAB now and we haven't really been very active as a band for the last couple of months.

Here's what our bass player is working on: myspace.com/kriskrafttheband

Our drummer and vocalist just recently started a sorta indie-rock band with another guitarist and a keyboardist.

As for me, I've been doing a little fill in work for my buddies in Tragedy and Triumph (myspace.com/tragedyandtriumphband), as their lead guitar player hasn't come home for the summer yet.

The other guitarist and I are scouting merabers to get another band together as well. Any vocalists and drummers residing in the San Diego area who have transportation and legitimate equipment, pm me or something. /shamelessselfpromotion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

That does not sound like the optimal practice facility. Price isn't too bad though.

I would love to get something going. But unfortunately I don't have my rig here in CA, it's back home at my parents house in Indiana. So I might pust buy a 2x10 corabo amp or something just to jam. I really haven't met any musicians out here either. It's hard when you don't know anyone. But it's ok I just love to play.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

Our band likes to cover songs, only we add our own twist to it by extending solos, and adding more/different effects, which is where our jam band influence steps in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information