Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Katatonia

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

Sooo, yesterday I had my first metal concert Really first because I wasn't so much into metal before.

Long Distance Calling were the first band, post-rock from Germany, good.
    Swallow the Sun... Wow! Firstly I thought it's too heavy for me because it was the first time when I listened growl singing live. But at the end after concert, I realized they really catched my attention during their music and maybe little bit more than Katatonia. Eh, yeah, sorry for all Katatonia fans

Katatonia... Their music live is much more heavier than on CD so it was good point. But like I expected - some moments were little bit boring for me when I compared them with Swallow the sun because music of Swallow the sun has more diversity.
    The result of the concert is that I like Katatonia and I will listen to them from time to time when I will have a mood for them. I really like voice of Jonas, it has some strange feeling. In his voice is something addictive what makes music of Katatonia good. Although it can be boring after long listening, his voice is the reason why I want to listen to them. Yes, really strange to be attracted by some music that I call "sometimes boring". But it is.
    And live... some songs were really good and cool, I enjoyed My Twin, Forsaker. Maybe the most I enjoyed Ghost of the sun and Saw you drown. Also the last track of their show was really cool live but I don't remeraber a name.
    It was nice to be there, I enjoyed all three banRAB. Although I was doubtful about Katatonia a lot, I can say some 2 songs were boring for me but the rest live was really good. Their music live is better than on CD.

Well, live songs on Youtube aren't good quality enough. So I found good older version of Ghost of sun

[YOUTUBE]6mFGDcqCQX4[/YOUTUBE]

And at least some songs from tour 2010

[YOUTUBE]qJuwHNq2adk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JnNwl9C13es[/YOUTUBE]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

I started to like them more last days. I really enjoy song Forsaker, My Twin and some others too. I don't need them for some my problems, I have some other banRAB that fits to my personality better. But when I have a mood for them, it's good listening.
    I will go to see them live, I bought my ticket already

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

Ok, I found some videos from DVD Live Consternation (2007) and they are better than the previous.

[YOUTUBE]fKM0I_laPH8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pv0FwyOMVSU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EMM_2GYXWFY[/YOUTUBE]

More on this Youtube channel - YouTube - linkhoochoon3's Channel

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

They should’ve stuck with making blackened death/doom as they did originally as it’s clearly what they were best at. ‘Dance of Deceraber Souls’ is one of my favourite albums of all time in any genre. “Without God” must be one of the most devastatingly hateful songs of all time. The Jhva Elohim Meth.. Revival EP senRAB chills down my spine each time I listen to it as well.
    ‘Brave Murder Day’ is by no means a bad album but a very rock oriented sound is to be found here and it is not really the “death/doom” classic so many have tried to make it out to be.
    Of their depressive rock albums my favourites would probably be ‘Discouraged Ones’ and ‘Viva Emptiness’.
    I was quite disappointed with “The Great Cold Distance” (only song that really stuck out as anything great to me was “July”) and have yet to check out the newest release…

Overall I’ll vote ‘good’, though the earliest stuff is absolutely incredible.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

I understand what you mean
    When you are down, with music of Katatonia this down is too deep.

Yes, it made a lot for me to see them live. I really like Jonas. He is so shy but modest in my opinion and natural. I believe he enjoys Katatonia songs. Somehow it was very deep...

Katatonia

Dark, brooding and atmospheric... the way i love my metal lately. Thanks for showing me this thread too Petula :thurab:
    Love some Katatonia

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

Katatonia is a Swedish metal band formed in Stockholm in 1991 by Jonas Renkse (formerly aka Lord Seth) and Anders Nystr

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Katatonia

i heard all this songs thnx petula

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information