Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devin Townsend

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

I think his solo work is where it's at, basically... I think he truly pours all of his best into the solo stuff, but he loves his work with SYL too... maybe i should use a past tense for that because SYL have disbanded... nevertheless I think he always used SYL as an avenue to pur out his deepest darkest rage whereas the solo stuff he focused more on his complex thoughts and feelings... certainly seems that way when you listen to an album like Terria... gotta play that album again some time soon...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

Same, I bought Ki and Addicted about a month after they were released and are still enjoying the both of them as exactly as much as when I got them.

I wish I'd discovered him earlier than I did, but since I found him in 2004 I've heard (and often obsessed over) every track he's released.

Also, He's supposed to be releasing Ziltoid 2 around the same time as Deconstruction and Ghost (DTP albums #3 and 4). He must be a very busy man right now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

Devin Townsend is a ****ing hero. Really need to listen to his stuff in more depth, I've heard most of SYL and Accelerated Evolution (one of my all time fave albums), Ki, Addicted, Ziltoid. Need to listen to more of the solo stuff.

Saw him (and met him,briefly!) at blooRABtock a few days ago. One of the best live performances I've seen in a long time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

I'm a really big fan of this mad man, just wondering if anyone else knows about him and enjoys his work.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

Devin Townsend is the shizz, though Addicted is quite boring and hardly his best stuff. Terria, Ocean Machine, Infinity, Synchestra and Ki rate quite high in my book. Terria is my fav and The Death of Music is his best composition ever.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

Oh yeah! I heard the Ziltoid2 story too.... yet another amazing album to look forward to! The dude must be quite busy finishing stuff, that's for sure.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

Do yourself a very huge favor and check out his earlier solo stuff, you won't regret it at all if you the Devin Townsend Project material!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

No way! Addicted is far from boring IMO... I find it refreshing and the singlemost fun album he's made... it's not the most complex or deep musically and lyrically, but man the guy can rock out in a fun way and it's GOOD to hear that considering the dark places the man sounRAB like he has been in life... it's totally my favorite CD for driving to work, especially before long hard gruelling days...

But I am secretly holding out desperately to her Deconstructed... should be epic!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

Agreed, Addicted! was a fun pump-up album. It was exactly what I wanted to hear, such a sharp contrast to Ki. I'm expecting Deconstructed to be a mixture of Physicist and The New Black, specifically the song "Almost Again".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Devin Townsend

I'm pretty sure it's Deconstruction, and the other one coming out in May is Ghost.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information