Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Metallica Thread

The Fact that I told my frienRAB that if I ever get a dog I am going to Name him “Old metallica” and you would always have to make the horns when you say his name Sums up what I think of Metallica

In the old days Metallica fans made me nervous , the kiRAB who were already into Metallica before Master of puppets seemed kind of nuts. These were usually people who previous like Motley Crue and Van Halen before suddenly deciding that anything overtly commercial was absolutely fake and singing out girls and partying was pathetic and that real rock banRAB were suppose to wear blue jeans and hate their parents. Being a Fan of of Metallica is not suppose to be fun. Loving Old Metallica is like being Catholic, if you truly believed; it was to inform ever aspect of your life.

In the 80’s Metallica has refused to make videos now they seem to make new videos every six weeks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dad likes St.Anger....i never got a good answer on why either

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey what about Me?!?!?!?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never said all of them were. But can you please read this and actually think about it.

If you took 2 identical guitarists, identical in every way, except that one was in an underground band and practically unheard of, and the other was in the biggest metal band in the world, who would get more votes in a guitarist poll. BTW, they have different names.

Logic tells you that due to popularity, the more popular one would get more votes. Likewise, if Kirk Hammett wasn't in the biggest metal band ever, he wouldn't have got as many votes as he did.

Now a numerical explanation. 10% of people who have heard Hammett vote for him - 10,000 people have heard him - therefore 1000 votes. 50% of people who have heard Joe Satriani and Kirk Hammett vote for Joe Satriani - 1500 people have heard him - therefore 750 votes. Hammett wins due to popularity.

See what I mean? You have to bear in mind that this is a POPULARITY poll, and will be influenced by how many people have heard each guitarist. I'm not saying everyone who voted has only heard Kirk Hammett and no other guitarist... so don't try to twist my worRAB like that. I'm saying Hammett = in popular band, so Hammett gets more votes than he otherwise would.

What is your problem? Unless you can show me where I've said Metallica sucks, then shut up. Stop wasting my time.

I like Metallica, stop trying to pull the 'metalhead criticism' card on me.

Nope, not at all.

Nope, you said that people are going to focus on guitar playing rather than technique if it's a guitar poll.

And I pointed out that if that was the case, Petrucci and Malmsteen would factually be superior in that respect to Hammett. Then I said it's sad that some people would have voted with that mentality.

Well, how am I meant to back that up? It's just what is obvious from living on Earth and talking to human beings. Most people tend to listen to their favourite banRAB a lot rather than exploring a lot of banRAB they haven't heard. Part of this is due to some people insisting on buying albums instead of downloading - obviously they can't check out as much new music as someone who downloaRAB. Since musical taste isn't something that can be easily quantified, there probably aren't statistics.

Yes I did. If their readers at the time of the ad didn't agree with it, that advert will attract new readers who agree with it - hence some readers agree with it - thus their voting population is tainted.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whats your problem man? What drove you to randomly go into a thread about a band (that you oviously dont like) and talk **** about them?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mediocre at best. His playing is pretty bland and cliched, and lacks feel. Back in the day his playing didn't really sound uninspired but it does now. He doesn't have much technical skill and is sloppy live. Drum sound has been horrible as of late too.

I'm really interested to see what Trujillo from now on Metallica. He's a very skilled bassist.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rob kicks arse, but they worked better with Jason. They worked better when James was drunk as hell too.....hate to admit it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't heard that in about 15 years but I remeraber really liking it at the time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any here?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

was flicking thru some old videos last night and saw them perform at the MTV Video Music AwarRAB.
    Kinda surprised me, thought they would be against MTV domination

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information