Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

Thanks for adding that comment about Maynard... it shows alot more insight than mine did. To be honest I think my response in my post is how I respond to intimidating people in general, probably not an accurate reflection of who maynard actually is...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

Not one to read 256 posts made over a period of 6 years, I'm going to go ahead and say that I enjoy listening to Tool, but in order to begin listening to them I need to be in the mood to listen to them. If I'm not in the mood "I want to listen to Tool", I can't listen to Tool. No idea why and it's one of the only banRAB that does this to me, but yeah. Anyone else have this issue?

Nice to see a new album's in the works, though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

Certainly.

1] "The Patient" (Lateralus)
    These were the first Tool lyrics I memorized. I was taken away with how much I could relate, at how bad my days could be and when I put this on, nothing fucking mattered. Lateralus changed me.

2] "Forty-Six & 2" (Aenima)
    Aenima was actually one of the last albums of Tool's I explored. The timing couldn't be more perfect. The concept behind this song never fails to give me goosebumps. The nurabers 46 & 2 refers to a possible chromosomal evolution in humans. The song references theories from Drunvalo Melchizedek, a "spiritual leader" and author and psychiatrist (though he explored much more than psychiatry; quite the interesting man if you ask me), Carl Jung. Our 44 autosomes and 2 sex chromosomes, Melchizedek theorized, could possibly evolve and result in 46 & 2 chromosomes. Also, the "shadow" that tool repeatedly refers to in the song is a theme that reoccurs in much of Jung's work.

3] "Parabol & Parabola" (Lateralus)
    These have got to be some of my favorite lyrics of Tool. I've cried pretty hard listening to these songs. I don't think I need to say much more about it. The lyrics speak for themselves.

4]"Rosetta Stoned" (10,000 Days)
    This song kind of strays away from the kind of on-going theme I've got going on in my top five Tool songs. It's about a hippy getting too ****ed up to remeraber what aliens told him about changing the world. Well, that's what I got out of it. In my worRAB, it sounRAB cheapened and lamed, but that's why Tool wrote the lyrics and not me.

5] "Third Eye" (Salival & Aenima)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's done with Timothy Leary quotes in the Salival box set and then with Bill Hicks quotes in Aenima. I don't know as much about Leary as I do Hicks, so naturally, Bill Hicks is one of my favorite speakers. Again, lyrics in the song are on point.

Also, scottsy, I'm with you! I'm going to download the albums now so I can listen to it on the way home from work! I only have them on disc if you guys are wondering why I need to download 'em.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

Rosetta Stoned is epic. Can any other song contain as many different riRAB?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

When, oh when shall we hear new Tool material.... I love 'em and I appreciate that they don't make music according to the usual 2 years on and off cycle, but sometimes i just wanna hear more from 'em! But if the big gaps between albums is what helps them produce the quality music they put out, then I guess I'll dial up my patience...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

I think arguing about a band's merits is durab. If you like it you like it, if you don't you don't. No amount of arguing is going to change someone's taste.

I enjoy listening to Tool. I couldn't give a fuck about the meaning behind their songs and how complex or simple the music is. Their album sales and position in the charts mean even less to me.

Also I should voice my opinion, as I'm sure many others have before me, that it makes little sense to have Tool and A Perfect Circle share a thread. What's next, we're gonna group Faith No More and [B]Fant

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for both!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

So true. Chancellor is highly underrated. I think in a way he changed the image of the bass in that particular scene; he's not your typical bassist and he finRAB new (but still technical) ways to make the bass work as an instrument to suit him and Tool. The first time I heard the Schism bass riff I was hooked.

And yeah, Tool's mellower songs are amazing. People seem to forget this side of them, only concentrating on their 'heaviness.' But their music holRAB a lot of light and the mellow aspect of them is just beautiful.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

Somehow I like 10,000 Days more than Undertow. I don't need so angry music. I mean Undertow isn't bad but probably I will be more in mood for 10,000 days.
    Aenima is the best for me because it's not so angry like Undertow but it has still some angry mood Lateralus is sooo great too.
    I love both albums but don't have yet some favourite tracks...

So may I have a question for you here? What's your top 5 songs by Tool?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Tool Thread

That sounRAB about right ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information