Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

Personally, I don't dig a lot of Manson's stuff. But as far as an artist, he's just carrying on the Shock Rock personna. I hate to compare him to the greats like Alice Cooper and Rob Zorabie, but it is shock rock. He's found his knitch and he's good at it. But I don't like his stuff much. I liked his duet with Trent on Star F@#$ers. I liked his version of Sweet Dreams, and the KKK took my Baby away. But those are great songs that you can't mess up. I also like Long Road out Of Hell off the Spawn soundtrack.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

manson is great.just untouchable

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

even the devil can quote scripture to suit his neeRAB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

Marilyn Manson got some of his ribs removed so that he would be able to suck his own d*ck. Genius? You decide.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

Marilyn Manson , I honestly don't like him. The only song i've listened to from him is the Sweet Dreams (Everybody's Looking For Something)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

Nope never liked marilyn manson never will, but you cant hold it against him for what he believes in...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

Indeed I think you are corrct. Manson, to me, is just an ok musician, and I feel I could like him more if not for the cheezy gimmicks. I accept gimmicks in banRAB when done to proper moderation....Eddie from Iron Maiden, the Anti-christ angle from Slayer, etc. etc., but then some artists wrap themselves in their gimmick so much that, no matter how good they may be, it just turns me off. KISS and the whole marketing thing they got going is another good example to add to the Manson example. And like KISS' marketing being brilliant, you again hit the nail on the head Manson is brilliant for his gimmick. He will never sell recorRAB as much as he did at the height of his career, but the gimmick ensures he will always attract certain angst filled individuals that will ensure at the very least he reaches cult status.

Brian

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

I feel ya on this one.... Its one the first cd I bought myself in a used CD store. I heard his name a million times over the years and I bought this album back in 98, which I guess is the same time Mechanical Animals but for some reason I got this one. Damn I am glad I did.

Soon as I heard Lunchbox
    [youtube]PRFJoUBP54o[/youtube]

I was sold for life.... Whether he makes **** music now or not. This is classic.

*edit.... Now I think about it.... This song isnt the reason why all those durabasses carried around lunchboxes in high school is it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

In light of that I'll say this: Manson is an intelligent person, but believe it or not so are Eminem, Violent J, and alot of others in the music industry none-the-less, that doesn't mean they make good music or a good point. Manson just sells an image, if he really believes in what he's doing so be it, but I have my doubts. Reguardless his music is crap. His band's crap, his vocals are crap and his image is lame and unoriginal.
    As for talkin' to Snoop, I kinda think Snoop would slap the taste outta his mouth.
    As for quoting Nietzsche, I could sit here and quote you Nietzsche, Kung Fu Tze, Rousseau and more all on behalf of my beliefs all day long, that doesn't make me right, smart, or very influencial. Some would still say I'm wrong, crazy, or so on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marilyn Manson

He's entertaining. And the music has a good industrial beat. I would go as far to name him an amazing lyricist or a great vocalist though....entertaining, like I said.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information