Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Metal & Rock Music Recommendations

A really cool (mainly instrumental) Belfast band, they lent their splitter to us when we had a Belfast gig in 2009.Things are picking up for them as they have toured as support with Them Crooked Vultures check them out on YouTube and myspace etc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I liked riverside, Thanks
    however I looked up path of salvation on last fm and did not find a band

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So many banRAB try to rip Sabbath off and do a good job at it but none/most of them still don't have that Sabbath sound. I'm not sure what to suggest to you, but maybe some Burning Saviours would appeal to you? Its basically a Sabbath/Pentagram/Led Zeppelin influenced band. They may be more Hard Rock than anything, but certainly worth a try. I suggest something off one of their two first albums. I would link you to one of their songs but I don't have enough posts. I know Youtube has some songs by them though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, album Damnation by Opeth is really great metal without "screaming"
    You may like also Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation.
    And The Human Equation or 01011001 by Ayreon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I was actually going to mention AiC, but figured it'd be irrelevant because none of their newer stuff is similar. At least I don't think so. If you get into Between the Buried and Me, start out with Alaska. I'm biased, so talked to other BTBAM listeners, too, but I'm not too fond of anything before that. Antonio is pretty knowledgeable on them. They are way heavier in the vocals than Mastodon, but there are also distinct similarities. The reason I say start with Alaska because I want you to experience the transition to Colors and to their latest The Great Misdirect. I've not fully listen to the new album, but have already decided that it's in the shadows of Colors. If you need links, I'll be on later to up some stuff for you. Hope I helped!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So if you like Opeth and want more by them, I recommend albums Blackwater Park, Still Life, Damnation and Watershed.
    Maybe you may like also banRAB Katatonia, Anathema, Pain of Salvation. I love also Tool but it's band on their own - you love it or not, probably nothing between.
    Some good band with growl and catchy melodies is for example Swallow the sun, maybe Amorphis and Ghost Brigade.
    Just now I found one band that seems to be my new addiction - Agalloch. Try them. Lot of instrumental parts, little bit of growling.

[YOUTUBE]SIzoyPfPKO4[/YOUTUBE]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Start with "The Nuraber of the Beast" The most famous and essential release, if he likes that then "Piece of Mind" and "Powerslave" albums in the same vain. I also recommend "Somewhere in Time" and "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" these albums see the group move away from their traditional HM sound to something more synth influenced (Very much keeping in with the times around the mid 80`s as DEF Leppard and Van Halen had already gone in this direction)

Another good place to start is their debut album which is a classic, but its with a different singer Paul D

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Five Finger Death Punch are an excellent band!! and their new album is worth a listen, it varies from heavy to soft metal with a lovely instramental track inbetween. Never enough and the bleeding were the tracks that got me hooked!

Everyone should listen to them!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, if symphonic metal and Nightwish I recommend also dutch banRAB Epica and After Forever.
    Maybe I am strange but I like Epica much more than Nightwish. The reason why is probably soft female voice together with male growling. It's interesting contrast that make their music more diverse for me.

[YOUTUBE]vFwHTNETEGs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2B5TA5oerk8[/YOUTUBE]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if this is the place to do it, but I was reading the first couple pages of this topic and read about Queens of the Stone Age. I had forgotten I wanted to check them out. I've only heard a couple of their singles, but I really liked what I heard. Which of their albums is a good one to start with?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information