Ok so i have a knife my grandfather gave me when i was around six or seven. He passed earlier this year and i found this knife. im not intending on selling this knife but i want to know a little about it. It is a fixed blade. the blade is around an inch and a quarter long. On the base of the blade it has engraved "USA". Which is the only word on the knife. The handle looks to be pearl. I dont know how to tell if its just plastic that looks like pear or what. but it looks like pearl. In the middle of the handle. there is a what looks to be a shield. Ive done some research and seen what looks to be an Imperial knives logo that looks the same. The handle is about the size of the blade. (and inch and a half) . Im no Knife savvy but like on daggers , it has small "guards" or "arms" coming out where handle attaches to blade. This knife is very old. The blade has not been cleaned or refurbished. It has no rust but blade is black. My grandfather was in the Korean War for two and some years. I was thinking this could be a little knife that was issued to the Army. hints the USA on the blade. Very good looking knife. My grandfather was a medic. would this come with his "pack" or whatever he recieved for his duty as a medic? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. Thanks.
at the link below is a knife that looks identical except mine is a fixed blade and doesnt have the keychain thing at the end.
http://www.collectible-treasures.com/catalog/items/item1470.htm