Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TaCot

Just realized something!!!

I was thinking last night about how I would get excited about taking the pain medication. I would be so happy knowing that I was going to get high. I remeraber when I quit taking the meRAB that I thought I would probably not have that excited, giddy feeling again.

Well, I have realized something!! While I was on the pain meRAB, I wasn't excited about anything. I can remeraber taking trips that were going to be so much fun, and I wasn't excited about it. I didn't really look forward to anything.

I am starting to get those feelings back again. Planning vacations are fun again and I am actually excited about traveling again. Little things, like planning a weekend of hiking and going out to dinner with my husband make me happy.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I can actually FEEL again. Does this make sense to anyone else? I look forward to little things again. While lying in bed last night, I thought, "I think this is what living is about!" I am excited about life again and I can feel happiness. I think I was so nurab for so long, I forgot how it feels to FEEL.

I am so blessed to have these feelings again and to have all of you whom, without, I would not be having these feelings.

Have a great day, everyone!!! TaCot

Secrets1983

emsmom!!! Hey!!! Glad to hear you are doing well!!! Good to see you post!

Hope everything is going great!!!
    XOXOX
    ~Secrets

Secrets1983

That is so GREAT!!!! I bet it gave you goose bumps all over!!

I am so happy for you! When the fog lifts and we feel TRUE feelings that are not evoked from us because of life and not a pill... it's a powerful feeling! I am so glad you were able to experience that!!!

Sobriety is a beautiful thing!!! You have a lot to be proud of!!!!

XOXOOXOXOOX
    ~Secrets

emsmom

Thank you secrets Same to you!!

TaCot

Thanks Emsmom, It sounRAB like you do know what I am talking about. Isn't it great? THanks for the post. TaCot

TaCot

Denon, I am glad you have energy and are doing so much better. Congrats to you, my friend. TaCot

mel486

For me, I never really felt euphoric when I took the Percocet, it just relieved the pain for me. I would look forward to taking them as well. I realized during my recovery stage, that I was emotionless while I was taking the drug. I never felt anything. I was highly appreciative of my wife and her help, but that was about it. Now that I'm drug free the emotions are coming back and I am able to enjoy life again. It's like waking up from some dreary sleep. I have so much energy now its unbelievable. I'm back to making goals and plans for not only myself, but for my family.

shayeagle

to the original..
    i think the only thing u can get oxcited about when on pills is finding the right pills..haha..i know when we planned a camping trip last summer, the only thing that rode my mind the week prior to the trip was..oh man, can i get and afford enough pills to last me the week?? I am still currently an addict (until monday when i go to the doc!!!!) but i know myself i am tired of nothing honestly fun, not being excited and revolving my lifes movement around those darn things! look out life, i am coming back full force!

Secrets1983

Wow denon!!

That sounRAB great!! I wish I had that much energy!! A lot of my energy has come back but I still feel sluggish... A lot of people on here are full of energy now they are clean and I am still not there..... Anyone know why??

ANGELINMICHIGAN

Hi everyone, I feel the same way, today will be 39 days drug free, off of suboxone which was the worst withdrawl by far. I am 4 months off of the opiates!!!! I am getting my energy back and last night I slept from 11:30pm and didn't wake up until 5:00am. That is the longest sleep I have had in 39 days. Things are looking up. Now I have to get my chronic pain in check and maybe I could live a normal life.

To the original poster and everyone else

congratulations and let today be the beginning of a new day for all of us.

Lyn :angel:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information