Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad flare up-

Mamasan2007

Bad flare up-

I'm currently having a bad flare up , I stupidly thought I could get away with a bit of spring cleaning- WRONG!
    Now 6 weeks later, I have sciatica down both legs , back pain and front of my thighs pain.
    I have three herniated discs -L4-5, and one above and below.
    I have been dealing with this for 20 years semi- successfully- with out surgery.
    But it seems this year, turning 50 my body is giving me some trouble.
    What's a good muscle relaxant, I have taken Flexeril and I can't stand how dry it makes my mouth, any ideas? Any other meRAB that might help me feel better?
    I have been icing, and doing my usual stretches that I have been doing for the last 20 years.
    I am going to try to tough this out some more! And hope that the pain subsides, as it has before....
    Thank you all for any replies, and I wish everyone pain free days to come:-)

deniseL1972

Bad flare up-

I think it stinks that people with back problems have such limits and how easily we can overdo-it.
    I never had leg pain prior to my surgery but it started right after my surgery. I was started on Valium which worked great and then placed on Flexeril which did nothing for the pain or spasms. This week my doctor put me on Lyrica which is advertised on TV for Fibermyalgia (?). I'm sure I didn't spell that right. Well, I have been taking it for only 2 days and I can't tell a difference yet, but when I read up on it, it said it might take up to a week to begin working. I'll let you know if it starts to help. My leg pain starts on my right side of my lower back and goes all the way to my toes which stay nurab or tingly. My leg aches on the front and back side between the foot and my lower back and seems to get worse if I just stand in 1 place or sit or lay down.
    Take it easy and get plenty of rest. I hope you start feeling better!!!:angel:

ms_west

Bad flare up-

If you are having alot of nerve pain, you might see about getting a script for neurotin, lyrica, topomax, or cyrabalta. These meRAB are aimed at treating nerve pain.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information