Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    DavE A

what would you rather buy a new toyota sienna at 30 grand or a brand new caravan at 20

grand? don't tell me the Dodge cause of the economy situation,i dint care about that at this point,i like the caravan and its cheaper but i heard they aren't that good,and that dodge van don't keep there value where the toyota will,i know i should get american to help the economy but theres a reason they need a bail out

CrownVic02
    DONT BUY A TOYOTA!!!

its very ugly, boring, over priced and under equipped. Toyotas are too over-rated,their cars are niether strong nor very comfortable.

I wouldnt buy a Caravan either.

If you're looking for the best van for your money, right now its the Mazda A5, its got the looks of a sports car, the build quality of an audi and it starts at 18 grand, goto mazda.com and build it to include every luxury feature, it will total at 24 something grand including leather, nav, heated seats, dvd etc. Its japanese and the shape is new, so it will stay for a while, siena is looking old, they will update it soon. If you want a nice reliable japanese van and dont want to look like an old boring person the mazda is atleast worth checking out, your kids will love it. You can also see all the positive ratings on the mazda from top auto magazines under the 'press and praise' section on the mazda A5 website.

If you want something different, get the dodge journey, excellent cross over, loads of features, nice looks and versatility. Dodge and chrysler were under mercedes and some models show. Its cheaper, sportier and better in all respects than a toyota.

In buying a toyota, you'l pay more and get less, its simple. If toyotas were that reliable, theyd offer longer warranties but its not, i've seen toyotas broken as much as any other brand more or less. Almost all of mazda's lineup is award winning, so their cars are good and built well.

And even though toyotas maybe made in the US, but we dont earn any foreign reserve on them as we earn on american cars, and thats what economy is all aboout, earning foreign reserve to offset budget deficits. We sell american cars all over the world, Japanese sell us their cars and as a result we go into deficit.

As for the bail out, the best car makers in the world have needed bail outs, including rolls royce, bugatti, bentley, jaguar, Nissan was making 3 billions in losses before carlos ghosn took over, VW, Lamborghini all have needed bailouts and been bought out. Thats just a part of economy, as to your question that theres a reason they need a bail out, yes, its called a credit crunch, it has to do with the banks, not the cars. If millions of ppl cant get loans to pay their mortgages, its not coz they've suddenyl become lazy bums its becuase of the credit crunch, same go for car companies, they cant make their payments.

JeffyB
    The Dodge is not a bad vehicle, but it is also not a great vehicle. The Sienna or HOnda Odessey are much better vehicles and they do hold their value much better. Chrysler (Dodge) will very likely be out of business in a few months, and that $20,000 Dodge van could be worth next to nothing. Buying "American" is not as clear cut as you think. Many Dodges are built in Mexico -- not the US, while many Hondas & Toyotas are built right here with American labor & parts. Go fro the Toyota or Honda (or go drive a Mazda5. They are smaller & more economical). Good luck.

Vipassana
    Actually, I would rather not buy either of them.

Buying Dodge won't help America anyway, since they produce about half of their current vehicle lineup in Canada and Mexico. So it's not like the money would go into our economy in the first place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caravan

Made in Canada, woohoo!

The Toyota, ironically, is actually made in the US. So, buying that would help more than buying Dodge would.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Sienna

Made in Kentucky.

Funny how that works, huh?

But given that both of those vehicles are losing about 15% of their value within the first year, it'd be a real waste of an investment to buy either of them.

Yes, both of them. Toyota holds it's value a little better, but with the current market, it's a moot point.

Unless you do an amazing job of paying off the vehicle, you'll be upside down on the loan in under a year.

Samantha D
    brand new caravan at 20 grand

Vipassana
    Actually, I would rather not buy either of them.

Buying Dodge won't help America anyway, since they produce about half of their current vehicle lineup in Canada and Mexico. So it's not like the money would go into our economy in the first place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caravan

Made in Canada, woohoo!

The Toyota, ironically, is actually made in the US. So, buying that would help more than buying Dodge would.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Sienna

Made in Kentucky.

Funny how that works, huh?

But given that both of those vehicles are losing about 15% of their value within the first year, it'd be a real waste of an investment to buy either of them.

Yes, both of them. Toyota holds it's value a little better, but with the current market, it's a moot point.

Unless you do an amazing job of paying off the vehicle, you'll be upside down on the loan in under a year.

MrszCullenx3Dazzled
    toyotas last forever, or at least WAY longer than any other vehicle.
    give it up to the japanese.

cy p
    toyota better car nuff said

devil_la
    brand new sienna @ 30G. Altough the Caravan is 10,000 lower the sienna will keep its value much better. besides the quality of the sienna is much higher than the caravans.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information