The guy is 30 years old international student who was my teammate last quarter and he wasn't that nice ( was mostly sarcastic). Now, I have him again in a group project. He is aware that I think he is a control freak and a rude person (I have also expressed that I am disappointed that I have to work with him again and I hope he wont be mean). He never accepted my help during team project and he never helped me (I have asked 3 times and will never ask him again), but he will help my other classmates.

He likes intelligent people, competition, brother knows he can be unpleasant to work with at times. How to work with someone who doesn't think much of me (I am undergrad and he is a master student) and is unpleasant but very popular in his class. I need to know why he is the way he is so I can deal with him better. I can't avoid him because of the team project (I have anxiety just thinking of working with him again). Does he even care that I find him hard to work with and I can't respect him because he can't be serious