Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the point of 'original sin' to diminish a person's sense of responsibility for

nasty thoughts and actions?
    @ cheir: Thank you, for illustrating my point.
    If you have been exposed to the religious propaganda of 'original sin' in your formative years, you have been provided with an external and impersonal scape-goat that you can blame at a fundamental level for any wrong you do for the whole of the rest of your life. It is a spiritual corruption instilling in you a degree of irresponsibility that you would not otherwise have.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I do not think so, at all. The doctrine is basically Catholic. As in what likes to call itself Orthodox Christianity. That's Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic and all the like type groups. They most adamantly teach that one, though I can not think of any major Protestant denominations that do not adhere to it also. I'm not sure how you have translated it into diminishing anyone's sense of responsibility for nasty thoughts and actions. Each person, according to all those preceding groups, still believe each persons actions and thoughts are their own faults. It is Psycholpogy that likes to blame instead one's parents. That's not biblical. Original sin is the natural tendency to sin, inherited; that is what "original sin" is about. It means all of Adam's (and Eve's) descendants are sinners even at birth. Meaning, we all have need to be redeemed from that state. Like the child born to the incarcerated mother, redemption means to be bought (paid for) back from wherein that person's condition is. it's like buying a slave out of slavery, regardless that s/he did nothing (personally) to deserve such a state. Abd so it happens in real life. People do live out slaveries they did not invite upon themselves. So too, the child born to an incarcerated mother. So too, all of mankind, descended from Adam. It is sort of like the child born of an incarcerated mother is (usually) placed with non relatives but state paid (foster) "parents". More often not even adequate to do the job (except for the very lucky ones) and always paid for. That is not "normal" love. All of that has nothing to do with the unconditional love an infant should be raised with. At birth, many say, from the age of responsiblitly only, only what is truly a persons fault is their fault. God is not unjust, though people full of hate, with no other target, try to make it otherwise.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You then get confirmed then make first communion, wow that is one insurance we would all like to have, just in case.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheir is right... it explains it.

The result of the "original sin" was man's separation from God and having the knowledge of good and evil, making each of us responsible for our choices and decisions and their consequences. It does not diminish our sense of responsibility... it brings it to the forefront.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good Question.

I like people who think and think much!
    In Islam we don't have "Original Sin".

OK, Now. There are 2 groups of Religions: One group is Man made and the Others are Divine Revelation.
    The Monotheistic Religions of today are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. They have received Divine Revelation from Same Source, God in Heaven. Now, Jews have been receiving Revelation from above since at least 6000 years. To days Jews still expecting a Messiah, the promised One. He came 2 thousand years ago and they rejected him (Jesus). Six hundred years after Jesus, Mohamed came to testify that all previous Messengers were from ONE GOD and ALL preached Islam, Monotheism, (believe in One God only). How ever Jews and Christens of today, reject each other, and the last message, that has been sent down through Gabriel, the same angel responsible to deliver the Message from God in Heaven. In spite of their rejection Last Message intended to come as completion to whole Revelation from the very first one. Every Revelation is , like a segment, some thing to be finely completed. So, today we have a book called, Bible. This Bible contains 73 books., a compilation gathered from what have been sent to Jews and Christens, time after time. This Book is full of controversies. Jews and Christi-ens plagiarised and corrupted Revelation.

If Jesus is God, will you explain this Bible verse?

"The Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

"But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." - Mark 7:7

"I do nothing of myself" - John 8:28

neither came I of myself, but he sent me. - John 8:42

"And behold one came and said to him, Good teacher, what good things shall I do that I may have eternal life? So he said, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, and that is God alone. But if you want to enter into eternal life, keep the commandments." - Matthew 19:16-17

"Hear, O Israel; The Lord OUR God is one Lord, and you shall worship Him with all your strength and all your might and all your soul and all your heart." - Mark 12:29

After all this that I have presented to you, lets see what is in the Final Testament , Final Revelation to Humakind.The Book called Qur'an, meaning,( Something to be read.) In this Book we read that All other revelations that came to Nobel Messengers are truth. And what THEY teached in their life time is Truth. We read that there is a Heaven and Hell. We read on the "Human Embryonic Development. " We Read on Big Bang, "The Origin of the Universe. Let us see what Dr. Professor Alfred Kroner, Geiligist from Germany, say on this findings from Qur'an.

"THEN HE* TURNED TO THE HEAVEN WHEN IT WAS SMOKE...' (Qur'an, 41:11)

"HAVE NOT THOSE WHO DISBELIEVED KNOWN THAT THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH WERE ONE CONNECTED ENTITY, THEN WE* SEPERATED THEM?..." (Qur'an, 21:30)

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world's renowned geologists. He is Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. He said: "Thinking where Muhammad came from... I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case."
    The source of this comment is THIS IS THE TRUTH ( videotape). Visit www.islam-guide,com/truth for a copy of this videotape or to view the video clips of Professor alfred Kroner' comments online.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many people think that way, but the truth is that we are all responsible for our own actions and can not blame anyone else, not even Adam and Eve. (Ezekiel 18:4) (Contrary to what the mistranslated JW Bible says, that verse is about personal responsibility, not about sinners just dying.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good Question.

OK, Now. There are 2 groups of Religions: One group is Man made and the Others are Divine Revelation.
    The Monotheistic Religions of today are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. They have received Divine Revelation from Same Source, God in Heaven. Now, Jews have been receiving Revelation from above since at least 6000 years. To days Jews still expecting a Messiah, the promised One. He came 2 thousand years ago and they rejected him (Jesus). Six hundred years after Jesus, Mohamed came to testify that all previous Messengers were from ONE GOD and ALL preached Islam, Monotheism, (believe in One God only). How ever Jews and Christens of today, reject each other, and the last message, that has been sent down through Gabriel, the same angel responsible to deliver the Message from God in Heaven. In spite of their rejection Last Message intended to come as completion to whole Revelation from the very first one. Every Revelation is , like a segment, some thing to be finely completed. So, today we have a book called, Bible. This Bible contains 73 books., a compilation gathered from what have been sent to Jews and Christens, time after time. This Book is full of controversies. Jews and Christi-ens plagiarised and corrupted Revelation.

"But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." - Mark 7:7

"And behold one came and said to him, Good teacher, what good things shall I do that I may have eternal life? So he said, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, and that is God alone. But if you want to enter into eternal life, keep the commandments." - Matthew 19:16-17

"Hear, O Israel; The Lord OUR God is one Lord, and you shall worship Him with all your strength and all your might and all your soul and all your heart." - Mark 12:29

After all this that I have presented to you, lets see what is in the Final Testament , Final Revelation to Humakind.The Book called Qur'an, meaning,( Something to be read.) In this Book we read that All other revelations that came to Nobel Messengers are truth. And what THEY teached in their life time is Truth. We read that there is a Heaven and Hell. We read on the "Human Embryonic Development. " We Read on Big Bang, "The Origin of the Universe. Let us see what Dr. Professor Alfred Kroner, Geiligist from Germany, say on this findings from Qur'an.

"HAVE NOT THOSE WHO DISBELIEVED KNOWN THAT THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH WERE ONE CONNECTED ENTITY, THEN WE* SEPERATED THEM?..." (Qur'an, 21:30)

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world's renowned geologists. He is Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. He said: "Thinking where Muhammad came from... I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case."
    The source of this comment is THIS IS THE TRUTH ( videotape). Visit www.islam-guide,com/truth for a copy of this videotape or to view the video clips of Professor alfred Kroner' comments online.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good Question.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The point of "original sin" and religion itself is pointless. Only a lost, brainwashed person would ever waste a moment of any day considering such lunacy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The point of "original sin" and religion itself is pointless. Only a lost, brainwashed person would ever waste a moment of any day considering such lunacy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information