Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Best phone for my girlfriend?

i want to get my gf a new phone. she currently has a Moto v551, and it gets very very poor reception at her apartment... all these dropped calls are annoying. so im not necessarily looking for an upgrade, just cheap flip phone with quadband, good camera (vga at least), nice and simple UI, and prefferably have bluetooth. also, it has to look cool unique, so prefferably a phone not sold from Cingular. she was looking at a Pantech phone just released for Cingulars GoPhone plans... she says she likes it because its around $120 and its "cute"... so i did a little research and found out it is the smallest camera flip phone currently made lol. i am discouraging her from getting it because im thinking that the camera quality is probably very poor and the UI is probably bad... and it has only a few megs of memory, so she wont be able to have mp3 ringtones that are over 300kb... so any suggestions on another phone for her?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Pantech C300 is a decent phone actually, I own one and I love it. It does have a decent camera for VGA (much better then the VGA camera on my Razr) and yea the Mp3 ringtones might be a problem, but does she need them?

The UI is very easy to use and very easy to learn.

but besides that phone there are some more options like the:

Motorola Pebl

hm... wasnt expecting that camera on the C300 to be good. if its better than the RAZRs (which has the same camera as her V551 she has now) then i guess she should get that then. it probably doesnt have bluetooth, but i guess she can live without that. the only thing is, how would i get her mp3 rintones without MMS or bluetooth? i dont have MMS settings in my W900i so bluetooth and IrDA are the only ways to send them...

also, these (with the exeption of the e398) are all really expensive. i am going to help her out, but be easy on me im 17 and in college lol, theres not a lot of room to spend that much. also, she dislikes candybar phones... anything else (flip, swivel, slider, etc) is ok. otherwise i would have bought her a e398 definatly.

Well,

If you guys are using Cingular, the C300 comes with the MMS settings already entered.

Besides that You can find a data cable somewhere for the C300 or also the 3210 which is basically the same phone.

If you do decide you want the data cable, they are tricky to find but I have seen them...

Also dont forget you should get Cingulars 30 day return policy if you decide you dont like anything about the phone.

You can get it off amazon for 89.99. Thats where I got mine. I am not sure they have anymore but you can check.

Also you might wanna pick up a extra at that price and ebay it off. They seem to go for upward of 150.00 on there for some reason. Some have sold for over 200.00. I saw one sell for 284.00 the other day!! But everyone on there sells for over 150.00. So you can make up some of the money.

i was looking at the Moto L7 for her (or L6, but they arent quadband) and i wanted to find a cheap used one and replace it with pink housing. cant find any good deals for a used one though, maybe i will search the forums...

Actually the L6 is quadband. Most of them are, some arent. But they do come in quadband. Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-L6-Quadband-Cingular-T-Mobile-Video-Camera-Phone_W0QQitemZ220000733892QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6435 5QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its quadband, its pink, and its cheap.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information