Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Definitive List of Android Phones with a Keyboard?

Girlfriend wants a new phone - has to have a hardware keyboard, and support email and interwebs in a decent manner. Unfortunately, all the dumb phones are a little too dumb & the half-way phones (like the Vivaz Pro) end up with some gimped version of Symbian. Really Android is the solution she's looking for, however I dont really think she was looking to spend too much...

Only UK phones and (ideally) their UK names please.

Phone I can think of:
    HTC Dream (G1),
    HTC Desire Z.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think that's it for the UK

However, I have to say, my girlfriend and I have always been 100% for a keyboard phone. We used to have G1s, and I was waiting and waiting for a suitable replacement to come out that has a keyboard. There just hasn't been any in the UK. I bit the bullet and bought us both Samsung Galaxy S phones each. Neither of us have remotely missed the physical keyboard even once. Typing is actually faster and easier on the Samsung Galaxy S, this is also maybe why the world record for speed texting is held on that phone.

Too bad the touchwiz keyboard isn't available on all the sgs phones

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm sure Swype will be on the Market pretty soon. It's been in beta since forever.

They all come with swype but not all of them come with the multitouch keyboard

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was talking about Swype... that's the virtual keyboard the world record for speed texting is held with, on a Samsung Galaxy S, by someone they pulled off the street who'd never used Swype in her life before. She wrote "the razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human" in under 26 seconds.

I blogged about it a while back here: http://extorian.co.uk/blog/441/world-record-for-speed-text-messaging-smashed-with-samsung-galaxy-s/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information