Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Energy Dimmer"-like utility that works on the TX?

I use Energy Dimmer back on the T|E. Now that I've migrated to a TX, it doesn't work no more. Any suggestions?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a freeware app called "brightnessFix.tx.prc" that will do the job.

Thanks. But this is not exactly what I was looking for. Energy Dimmer and another similar software called Silk Dimmer had the capability to automatically lower the brightness of your PDA after a set number of seconds of inactivity. It's a great compromise for when you want to extend the battery runtime without you having to lower the brightness manually. In addition, they also allows you to set the auto-off from a few seconds to infinity.

Too bad neither software supports the T|X.

Unlike my older PDA, I have only had issues of exhausting my battery on the TX one time. Oddly enough, that was because I left the PDA in my car overnight and the temperature dropped close to freezing. The next morning the battery was dead, but because of the flash memory, I lost nothing . A rather strange situation indeed.

I have only occasionally dropped below ~30% capacity (I'm almost always within the 50-100% fully charged). Since this display is so clear and sharp, I set my backlight pretty low which seems to work in all but brightly lighted outdoor conditions.

I also find that I only use the charger that comes with the cradle for travel since the the TX "trickle charges" from the USB connection on the cradle. About an hour on the base is usually enough to restore a full charge and even with my PC in sleep mode, the USB port is still alive and charging the battery.

So far I have lost no sleep over missing this (once necessary) app. I think you will be pleased with the battery performance as well.

Cheers,
    John

Thanks John. You nailed it.

Thanks for the reminder! I've had to do a couple of hard resets over the last couple of weeks, and I've been forgetting to make this adjustment.

I do not seem to be able to find this program. It would be great to be able to reduce the brightness fix for the TX. Could you tell me where the download is?
    Thanks

Hi, I am a registered user of Energy Dimmer. Some months ago, when I switched to my actual TX, I wrote the developer of the program and he sent me a beta version that works fine. I supposed you will have this new version available soon.

Best regards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information