Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Transferring old T2--new TX

I have an old T2 on which the digitizer has pretty much stopped working. Got a new TX. Can't transfer information (mainly memo pad) from old to new unit for several reasons.
    T2 cradle uses serial port; TX is USB. New computer (on which I want to have the TX palm desktop) doesn't have a serial port. Can't load new software onto old computer and then try to merge the two palm desktops -- "fatal error" comes up. Old computer (has T2's palm desktop) won't recognize TX when I try to sync through USB port (trying to sync to old desktop to transfer info). Can't beam from old to new since T2's digitizer is kaput. Can't email old palm desktop to myself to install on new computer and thus hotsync.
    I even tried to sync my wife's palm on the old computer but with my (not her) palm desktop, then beam my memos from her palm to my TX, but when trying to sync it recognizes the handheld as hers, not mine, and defaults to syncing with her (not my) palm desktop.
    Any suggestions? On getting the digitizer to work one last time, or any of the rest of the problems?
    Help!

Could you use a sd card. Load some programs you want onto the sd card while its still in the T2, and then put the card into the Tx and transfer from the card. Just a guess. Your old T2 should work long enough to get all the programs you want transferred to the card. Good Luck, Russ

On the old computer that the T2's data is on:

From Palm Desktop - go to file menu and export each database and save as a .csv file. You can select all records in the database at the time of choosen the file type for export.

Copy these files to new computer.

New Computer - set up a new user from the Tools menu for the TX.

Import to this new user - these previously exported files.

Install Palm Desktop for the TX.

Sync

Data should be on the TX.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information