Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

"Mommy, what's a Trix Rabbit?"

Something interesting about this in this week's "Housebroken" comic strip:

What would Tony the Tiger going back to being a meat eater, or Count Chocula getting back to his Immortal Roots of being a bloodsucker have to do with the Trix Rabbit? I mean, wouldn't that make us want to play Boktai, or Castlevania, to fight vampires and other undeads?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're still young though. In a few years your metabolism will slow down and you'll begin to see fat where it didn't exist before. You do bring up a good point though, since most kids have superior metabolism to adults. In other words, is it best to get kids to learn healthy eating habits when they're kids, so they don't have to worry about being fat while they're older or is it better just to let kids eat whatever they want as kids when they can enjoy it without having to worry about packing on the pounds.

Still, though, even though kids have better metabolism than adults, you still hear stories all the time about childhood obesity. They have a show on ABC called Shaq's big challenge where Shaq helps overweight kids lose weight. I have to wonder, how did these kids get so fat. I mean, I used to eat junk food all the time as a kid, and I don't remember being that fat. Maybe it's not the breakfast foods that's making kids fat, but the fast food. I mean, a bowl of cereal only has about 300 calories right? Yeah, it's not good for you, but compare that to a 1000 calorie meal at Mcdonald's. Which one will make you more fat?

Yeah, I still believe fast food is more of a threat to American's becoming overweight and unhealthy instead of.... breakfast cereal. I mean seriously....

I think the Trix Rabbit wanting to have some Trix is fueled by curiosity after seeing many kids eat it.

As for my opinion on the matter, I do think that more kids cereals and snacks should be given more healthier guidelines. I do believe healthy eating is an important part of everyone's lifestyle and the fact that the cereal companies are finally doing something about it is a positive step. Yes, kids should exercise and be active but companies also need to do their part to help kids eat healthier.

However, choosing to ditch familiar cartoon characters would be a bad move. Characters like Tony the Tiger and Toucan Sam have been icons in the cereal industry for decades. People have grown to love them and they're being reintroduced to a younger generation every decade. Look at Nestle and their Nestle Quik product. For years, they've been bashed by Ovaltine saying that their product doesn't have enough vitamins. Nestle finally changed their formula to Nesquik so that it may have some more vitamins but they didn't ditch the rabbit. After all, cartoon characters have proven to be a successful selling point to kids. So if the formula of your cereal changes for the better, just have your existing characters promote the cereal as always.

That's right!

Soccer moms, leave the rabbit alone and get that Grimace!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information