Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Widget the World Watcher

I am incredibly fuzzy on what I'm remembering here so please bear with me. But I believe there were at least a couple movies with this character who I believe was an alien and had human kid friends. I don't remember much in the way of plot but I do seem to recall them rescuing a whale from captivity in one episode/movie and I remember the main character saying something about "Collect 'em, trade 'em, stick 'em on your walls!!" in one thing about some collectible item that was introduced to him by the kids. I THINK that he had some kind of ship or something that was hidden in a cave somewhere (at least in the origin episode) and I think he may have had magical powers or abilities.. again sorry that I can't remember any more, but hopefully some of you have some idea of what I am talking about.:sweat:

I think the character's name was Whiz or something like that..

Widget the World Watcher

It sounds like you may be describing the 1990 syndicated series Widget, the World Watcher.

Widget the World Watcher

That had an environmental theme, and the first episode was "Widget's Great Whale Adventure," so I think we've got a winner.

I used to see the SNES game based on this on the shelves at my local video store all the time. Never rented it and had no idea it was based on a cartoon, though. We didn't have cable for large swaths of my childhood.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Widget the World Watcher

Yes, this is definately the show I was thinking of. Thanks! Sadly I don't think It would be very easy to find episodes of this very easier anywhere at this point. Found the intro online and it's definitely the right show. I remember we even had some random trading cards for this show at my house at one point.

Edit: Could a mod rename this thread "Widget the World Watcher" or something to that effect so that we might be able to talk more about it? I searched and didn't find any other threads about the show)

Widget the World Watcher

I remember that this was one of my favorite shows when I was little, and I thought he had cool powers and the show more entertaining than Captain Planet. I probably wouldn't like it anymore now, doesn't seem like the kind of show that would age well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information