Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

how long will 2inch pieces of fish take to cook in curry sauce?

i'm making thai green curry i'm going to simmer fish in sauce (1/2 chicken stock 1/2 cocnut milk)
    how long will the fish take to cook
    also any recomendations on type of fish

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    shouldnt take more then 5 minutes in simmering liquid, fish doesnt take very long to cook. i like halibut and swordfish with a curry sauce but any fish works..besides tuna

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I make fish curry recipes all the time. I love them! When you are using a flavorful sauce, the flavor of the fish will not as apparent, just the texture. This means you can use an economical type of fish like basa fish, tilapia or any other kind of white filets. Save the expensive fish like halibut or monkfish for serving alone or with a delicate sauce so you can savor the taste.

As for the cooking time I usually parboil any hard veggies like potatoes, yams or carrots and saute the rest in butter or oil, then I add the broth and coconut milk and any soft vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms and snow peas, or even fruit like pineapple chunks – those are good in curries as well.

When everything is pretty much done you can add the fish. Depending how thick the filets are it will take anything from 30 seconds to a few minutes to cook. Keep the temperature really low - gently simmering. When the fish is opaque (not glossy any more) it is cooked. If you want to add seafood like shrimp, you can add that at the same time as the fish.

I finish off by sprinkling some fresh cilantro leaves on top of the curry. Oh – peanuts are great to add too. Add those when you add the soft vegetables so they can take on a nice texture.

less than 5 minutes.
    Prolly find dead fish are best, live ones swim round in your sauce and splash everywhere!
    It's also cruel and unusual punishment, you should despatch your fish with mercy as soon as they are caught.
    Seriously, any firm fish, dunno wear you are so dunno watt kind of fish you got.
    Never overcook fish. just cooked and no more, otherwise you wool lose it in yaw curry!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information