Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My N8 review

My N8 review

I've got 3 mail widgets on my home screen.. MfE, ovi and yahoo, doesn't seem to turn the phone into a 'monster' by any stretch i can see.. maybe i'm just not noticing it they do refresh when i flip to that desktop but it doesn't stop me from sliding over to the next one ( which has 3 more dynamic widges, batteyr monitor, free mem and bloomberg )

My N8 review

I set up two IMAP widgets on my main screen today and yet to notice anything...

I am however seemingly missing my resistive n97 screen unless I'm using capacitive wrong... it feels like I have to fat finger press everything.

My N8 review

You definitely won't be seeing the new browser till 2011 and that's a good thing.

The leaked video of the upcoming browser shows how RAW (and disappointing) it currently is. If the new browser comes out half-baked, that will be disastrous for S^3.

Portrait QWERTY should definitely be out before then and hopefully they can get some SWYPE support...

My N8 review

There is an adjustment but eventually you will get used to it. I used to be a "resistive user" myself but capacative is the more popular choice. I just zoom in (whenever possible) especially when I'm having a fat-finger day myself... :lol:

My N8 review

I dunno, it seems like I have press things over and over again. I feel the vibration but nothing happens. Sometimes I'm using T9 and correcting a word but hitting the ok button when done does nothing! Sometimes it seems I have to hold down longer on a button.

do you still experience this cause I'm getting a lot of this right now. Missing my N97mini resistive screen

My N8 review

can you confirm some scenarios regarding lag? I put two mail widgets on my main homescreen on purpose and I'm not exactly sure what to look for. I know there are instances where some applications seem unresponsive for no apparent reason or pushing the screen registers vibration but no actual stuff happening but clicking the menu button seems to shake things up again.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's this that you're referring to as lag or something else.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My N8 review

Yes I do. It's part of the growing pains but eventually you get used to it... (it just might take you a little bit longer coming from a resistive screen but you will eventually get more used to it)

My N8 review

What's annoying is that I can feel the vibrate for the touch acknowledgment, touch tone goes off, even the button on the screen flickers like being pressed but nothing happens. That's why for this point, I'm trying to get some feedback from Hlorri on.

Actually even on that, sometimes you need a longer press and sometimes, just picking up the phone and grazing the screen changes something.

My N8 review

^ Hopefully that gets cleaned up a little bit on an update...

My N8 review

You getting more used to it?...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information