I want to get a new touch screen phone, but all the types of phones that I want are on a verizon network which is a CDMA network. I'm on a T-Mobile plan and i want to use these phones even though i'm on GSM networking. Even if I unlock a phone by Verizon, or any other carrier that uses CDMA network, does that mean that I can't use the phone even if i pop in my sim card?

Does this mean that the phone itself is literally only set to CDMA frequencies and can't accept GSM even if I unlock it? I'm still a bit in a mix of confusion on how to go about buying a new unlocked phone from a retail or a friend. I want a new phone but I want to be able to use it too rather than have it look pretty.

So i guess my bottom line is: Since T-moble is GSM, that means I can only buy a phone that is run by the GSM service plan (basically only t-mobile and at&t) in order to use it, EVEN if it's unlocked. Which basically means that i CANNOT use a phone that was built for verizon, sprint, or any of the other companies that run off of a CDMA network.