Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is Customer Service saying flashed phones WILL NOT MMS or WAP

Last night we called Cricket CS for an ESN change to a Razr V3C with original Cricket software (the Cricket monster pack).

The rep insisted that my phone was "flashed" (in my opinion, it is no more flashed than the V3C's Cricket sold with the same software).

In any case she assured me that no "flashed" phone would work with MMS or WAP. I calmly explained that I was quite sure the phone would work properly as long as she did not disable those features. She insisted it would not, and refused to enable those features. When I asked for a supervisor she told me to go to a Cricket store and hung up on me.

I called again and another rep basically told me the same thing. We said just go ahead and do the ESN swap and we will take it up with tech support.

As of today we apparently dont have MMS working on the V3C phone nor a K1m (W/cricket monster pack) activated yesterday by another customer.

In the past the Cricket reps have told us they could not guarantee or help with MMS/WAP. But they have not hindered us.

Is there some change in policy?

In the last three weeks I have nothing but problems when activating phones. I activated a 6800 with Ryan Moguls software and it took Cricket three days (and me about 10 phone calls), before I could get outside the clearmode portal.

The Cricket reps insisted it was my problem. (ridiculous, if I can get to clearmode.com I should be able to get to any URL on the web unless Cricket blocks it (which they do if you dont have Internet on your account).

I activated a Motorola Q at the same time and MMS on it still doesnt work sending (I used Tekcirc's guide which I have used 50 times before and it has always worked). Nobody has any ideas what to do except refresh the account (what does that really do), or wait til tomorrow.

I sold a working 6800 (again Ryan Moguls SW) and it took days and many calls from the customer and I before Cricket finally got web working, howvere MMS is only working intermittently. sometimes we get the message that we must go to the web and view the MMS rather than getting it downloaded to the phone. (the phone software is perfect, the problems are all Cricket)

I need to establish a working relationship with somebody that can fix problems and answer questions, not #!^@ that barely understand English and think Boolean logic is a kinky game.

I could go to the Cricket factory store in Mesa.(AZ) There are two and both have some reps who are very helpful, but there is frequently an hour wait.

So, Are there changes in policy? and who can I call when I have routine problems like this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

their policy hasnt change its more on the cricket side of activating phones and what not.. i have no problem gettin inet on a flashed phone just did one few minutes ago justhave to kno what to say to them

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have a dealer do all your ESN changes and you shouldn't have any issues.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

but even then sum fones if they are not original cricket they dont add the wap to the account best thing is make frienRAB with a authorzied dealer for them to refresh it properly sum times it takes me a few times calling dealer hotline just to get them to do it oh since your in mesa im in chandler yesterday they were haveing a outage in phx with the mms I would have a customer refresh there mms and it would work for a few pics then revert back yeah but it should be good today try again

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unless they do something to the dealers account. A while back, I had a problem where if I activated a flashed phone the system would not let me add any data features to the account. Even if the plan already had mms and internet, it would block it. Customer service told me flashed phones would not have mms or wap working on them. When I called my IAM, he said that flashed phones would no longer be allowed to have any data features. When I called other dealers in my area, they said they had no such issues. The main store said they never heard of that decision being made. Different areas are having different problems right now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i know for me lately, most of my own refreshes do not even work. I have to call the dealer line for almost every flashed phone. customer service is not enough, they only refresh 1 time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

another thing to do is (its a time consumming process tho) is use a original cricket fone esn have them switch it to that one witch automatically adRAB mms and wap on to the acct for the most part and then call again switch for the new cpe esn they wont be charged the 15 dollor fee again since its valid for unlimited esn changes for that day on that acct

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used to call my ISS and have him manually remove WAP0/ZMM and add them back through HO. Instead of bugging him, I now do the above in CID and it works every time.

1) Change ESN to flashed phone. If no WAP0 or ZMM under features...
    2) Change ESN to original K phone (I keep broken one under the counter).
    3) Change rate to $30 then back to desired rate. Verify WAP0/ZMM were provisioned.
    4) Change ESN back to flashed phone.
    5) Abracadabra...Flashed phone with WAP/MMS.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Once again Cricket's customer service doesn't 'speak the language'. Cricket is expanding their so-called flashing service that has been trialed in few markets. Cricket will be offering a basic flash (talk/text only) at most all of their corp stores using HOUDINI software. What A MESS. So, customer service only understanRAB what THEY can do. Therefore, flashed phones can only talk & text.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to every body for their input. Apparently a corabination of outages, the Houdini introduction and other random factors (corabined with the unbelievable ignorance/arrogance of Cricket's "out-sourced" customer service) has caused more problems for us lately.

One of my cricket reps in town told me to tell customer service to "Refresh and Re-provision" the line - this seemed to help one or two cases today.

I have decided to never call Crickets customer service again for an ESN change. I have a daytime person who does changes usually within 20 to 30 minutes. But I need to find a quicker/backup /evenings source. Those who would like to handle some additional work (I do maybe 20 a month right now, but it will go up), please PM me. I will definitely be in touch with Jammis about my personal Mogul I have already put on the HTML data plan.

I need to understand correctly what the various kinRAB of Cricket stores can do, Apparently not all stores have direct access to CID. Can any store with access to CID do the refresh/re-provision?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information