Ok so this problem showed up about 2 weeks ago. I was driving to work and when I got to the stop sign at the end of my street, I started to feel what felt like several misfires. After a little bit of this the check engine light came on. It's a steady light so I continued to drive it and eventually got the codes read. One was a misfire in cylinder 3, the next code was a crank shaft sensor error.

So got couple new plugs, new plug wires and went to town. First I checked cylinder 3. No problem with the plug, gap was a little bigger than it should be so I just swapped it with a new one for good measure. I changed the wires and regapped the front 3 plugs. Checked the air intake to make sure there wasn't any debris. Looked around to see if I could find any vacuum leaks. Found a PCV elbow all torn up, but it has since been replaced. After all of this the problem still persists. So went with the next step and replaced the crank shaft sensor. Nope, still didn't fix it. I also added some Lucas fuel injector cleaner which still hasn't done anything.

What happens is when I stop or coast with the foot off both pedals, the car idles really rough. When I've got my foot on the gas the problem seems to disappear. (Sometimes it happens when I'm going up a steep hill) The problem could be described as a misfire feeling.

Next I'm going to try to locate a vacuum leak even though I checked them as best as I could. I'm also going to change the fuel filter.

Anyone have any ideas? Also does anyone have any advice on finding a vacuum leak (besides visually looking, I've tried that)? Thanks in advance!