Yesterday I updated PS3 mandatory 3.70 firmware and suddenly there is no sound coming out of my TV. My TV says "incompatable sound device detected". I use one HDMI connection from the PS3 to my Sharp Aquos. The video is showing and it is certainly due to the update from Sony that caused this. I have changed my cable to different ones (all HDMI) and found they are fine. I tried changing HDMI input channels. I setup the sound setting on the PS3 both auto and manually several times. Even reset the setting to default on the PS3 to start over. Still no sound but excellent video quality. I've heard Samsung has this problem with the new updates too. I don't understand. HDMI is easy...video and audio both transferred through one wire. Please help me. Sony is pissing me off with weird updates that killed my Fragfx mouse the last update. I had to get a new one. I tried setting the TV to digital and analog and fooled aroun with everything. Still no sound on the XMB menu and whenever I go into games my TV will say "incompatibel audio device detected please check your output source". It is HDMI !!! It is supposed to be plug in and detect on both sides!
People with Sharp Aquos...please help me! Thanks in advance.
Before the update I was playing the whole day and no problems with sound....only after the update