Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I go about starting my own bar lounge?

I am a male youth from a small village in South Africa and I dream of starting my own lounge, since my recent studies of this village, I have noticed that it has a high demand in liquor. It is not really a village, it is more like a township, where urban life has taken its toll, people from around Mariveni Village enjoy having fun and socializing. The standard of living is fastly growing to the one you see in nearby towns and cities. So I figured why not take the chance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Determine a location for the bar. Start by considering where a bar would be useful to the consumer--such as a place underserved by other bars or socializing venues. Inquire into the zoning laws and average rent prices for that area. Look into developing neighborhoods as they may be cheaper to rent or lease and will also give an idea as to the demographic of the area around which to develop the bar concept, whether it be a sports bar, nightclub, or so on.

Obtain the necessary capital for starting a bar. Have at least $50,000 or start finding investors to help fund the project. Develop a thorough business plan to present to prospective investors or lenders. There are many costs, including procuring the necessary permits, insurance, inspections, and construction. Apply for a liquor license as soon as possible as the paperwork for those permits can take months to approve plus another few months if anything goes awry in the process.

Design the interior of the bar. Determine who might find the atmosphere aesthetically pleasing and if they might regularly frequent a bar in that location. Hire an interior designer if the job becomes too daunting or overwhelming. Do not rush something as important as atmosphere.

Hire a reliable staff. Make sure the staff is trained in the necessary operations of the bar. Design uniforms that accentuate the server as well as the general tone of the bar. Be very clear and precise in developing staff duties and designing jobs that keep the employee safe and productive.

Promote the bar before opening. Make sure the promotions capture the tone and feel of the bar to attract customers. Post fliers around town, use the newspaper and local periodicals for advertising. Utilize the Internet to keep printing and marketing costs down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information