I have been loading the Cricket V3C Monster pack on other carriers V3C's and V3C/M's for years and never had any real problems with the software.

However in the last week I have seen 4 V3C/M's that have a very similar problem which I believe is a software problem probably related to an EVDO PRL. This problem is occurring in the Phoenix area.

General symptoms of the problem are the phone cycles power, freezes during normal operation, some menu entries wont work at all.

In the first case (last week) the customer replaced a V3C which had the symptoms with a known good V3c. As soon as the customer complete the OTA they reported that the replacement phone started acting just like the original. We did not get a chance to troubleshoot the problem. We believe it was likely the same problem described below.

Then yesterday we activated a V3C to replace a V3A with a charging problem, and again immediately after the customer completed the OTA, the phone started freezing and cycling power on/off. We then replaced that phone with another known good V3C/M. Again as soon as the OTA completed the phone exhibited the same symptoms. Investigating we found that PRL 38299 had been downloaded by the OTA.

We fixed the problem by reloading the Monster Pack (which has PRL 1039 loaded) and manually configuring the MDN/MIN/SID. The phone is working fine now, but with a non-EVDO PRL,

Perhaps something else in the OTA created the problem other than the EVDO PRL, we will have to investigate further. We suspected the EVDO PRL because of a problem we had recently with Motorola Q's flashed to Cricket. (see below)

For a year or so we have seen Q's power cycling on/off. We thought the phone was bad as it seemed limited to a small nuraber of phones.

In the past month we have found that almost every Q we have flashed (using Tekcirc method) becomes highly unstable after OTA with frequent power cycles and hangs.

This usually starts when we first bring up Pocket Internet Explorer.

We have halfway cured this problem also by going to a non-EVDO PRL (1042).

This problem is perhaps somewhat understandable . The Q is a flashed phone and the available monster packs do not support EVDO. Why it hasn't happened more often since Cricket went to EVDO in Phoenix (almost two years ago ) I dont know.

Has anybody else had similar problems with the V3C/V3M razr's or Q's?

If you had the problem did you do something different to fix it.