On September 1st, a little before midnight me and my girlfriend were passing through the border patrol checkpoint just outside of El Paso, TX in Hudspeth County/Sierra Blanca, TX. They decided to run our licenses for warrants and found a warrant for my girlfriend out of Travis County/Austin, TX for failure to appear on a Class B misdemeanor. They took her into custody a couple of hours after midnight on September 2nd and she's been in there ever since. I was told that Travis County has a limited amount of time to extradite her (ten days?) before the charges are dropped and she is released. Can anyone explain to me the exact laws and guidelines that Texas counties must follow in a case like this? Please, helpful answers only. If you're going to take this as an opportunity to lecture me on how my girlfriend should have appeared in court in the first place then you are wasting your time as I was the first person to tell her this and gave her the most crap about missing her court date to begin with. I am just looking for someone to tell me how long Travis County has to resolve this before the charges are dropped.