I'm having a wedding reception for 100 people that will be catered by my sister-in-law (a novice at catering but usually does all of our casual events) and I can't figure out how much food to serve. My idea is an italian theme since it seems to be the most budget friendly, while still filling. Plus most everything can be prepared well ahead of time and still taste fresh. I will most likely be having lasagna, meatballs, italian sausage with grilled peppers and onions, cold pasta salad, regular salad, garlic bread, green beans and possibly one other main dish option that I haven't come up with yet. I'm also having a dessert table in lieu of a cake, which will include, brownies, cookies, mini cheesecakes, creme puffs and mini cakes. I know it may seem like a lot but I want everyone to go home full (and soak up the liquor from our open bar).
I'm hoping there are some caterers out there that can help me. I'm assuming that since I'm having such a varied menu that I wouldn't have to have 100 servings of any one thing. For instance, I don't need enough lasagna to feed 100 since the portion is going to be smaller and not everyone is going to eat it...right? So can I cut it smaller and have it serve say, 70? This is an adult only reception so kids wont be a factor in this. Also, is there anything I should omit or add to my menu? Anything a bad idea? I need all the help I can get on this!
Also, I posted this question before and didn't get a single helpful answer. Please don't post websites as I know how to google stuff also, I just can't find exact direction on how to do this. I'm looking for a caterer or somebody with similar knowledge to explain this to me as I'm completely lost. Thanks!
Finally somebody that knows what they are talking about!! I think I was explaining the serving idea wrong. Typically I would serve a large portion of any given dish, but with multiple entree options I would have 100 smaller portions, which would equate to 70-80 large portions (or something like that). The only reason I'm going by this thinking is because I have a couple of recipes that I would like to use but I don't know what to multiply them by. Guess I'll be feeding my family some big meals trying to get this down! lol
Finally somebody that knows what they are talking about!! I think I was explaining the serving idea wrong. Typically I would serve a large portion of any given dish, but with multiple entree options I would have 100 smaller portions, which would equate to 70-80 large portions (or something like that). The only reason I'm going by this thinking is because I have a couple of recipes that I would like to use but I don't know what to multiply them by. Guess I'll be feeding my family some big meals trying to get this down! lol