I recently found out that the apartment complex where I am staying has a terrible management, Lindsey Management (Arkansas). I read horror stories where the apartment complex automatically renews leases (even if written notification is given), charges three months rent for breaking a lease as damages, and excessive damages to the unit when a tenant move out.

Please do not misinterpret my intentions. If the apartment complex is reasonable, I will not hesitate to pay what I owe. I am thinking about a worse case scenario, if they say I owe thousands of dollars and I don't. Then I will not pay it.

I plan to leave the United States to find a job. The U.S. job market is so bad, I do not really plan to return, or unless the labor market turns around. So, I am not worried about a bad credit score. I know they use the credit bureaus to beat you up over the head, but it only works inside the United States.

I plan to sell off all my assets except leave two internet bank accounts open. The internet banks are located in different states. I may leave my bank account open in Arkansas..

I know the management company knows about my Oklahoma bank account and my Arkansas bank account, but not the internet bank accounts. What is the chance they would initiate a lawsuit against me and seize my bank accounts? I use my Oklahoma bank account to automatically pay my rent and plan to close it for the last month's rent.

Any good advice would be appreciated. With our economy sinking like the Titanic, it seems bad business is flourishing.