Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Adding accessories to Yale alarm system

I have a wireless Yale home alarm system and I'm going to add some accessories to it, a key-fob and some extra sensors.

This got me thinking about 2 things:

Would it be better to get a PIR sensor instead of a door/window sensor as someone could brick the window so the PIR sensor would still be available, would that be sensible?I've noticed that it would be really easy for a burglar to simply pull out the internal keypad and rip out the phone cable to stop the alarm contacting anyone, so I'm thinking of relocating it to perhaps upstairs and high enough up to require a ladder to reach it?Some comments welcome, I'm guessing that with the 2nd one someone could quite easily disconnect the BT line which is connected through the loft if they really want to.

I could do with some suggestions please?

Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Adding accessories to Yale alarm system

Hi there,

To answer your questions:

1. For downstairs rooms, PIRs are preferable to DCs. But please ensure that the PIRs are pointing into the rooms, and not towarRAB the window.

2. Yes, keep the panel out of sight and use keyfob(s) in order to arm/disarm the alarm.

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information