Move over Donald Trump.
Former sitcom star Roseanne Barr says she’s running for president. Barr made the announcement during the taping of Thursday’s Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
“I am running for President of the United States,” Barr said to cheers (preview video below).
According to a Tonight Show insider, Barr then claimed, “I’m totally serious,” and explained, “‘Cause I want to be part of the debates, because I want to represent the tax payer. In fact, I’m choosing the tax payers as my vice president.”
Leno asked if Barr would be debating with Sarah Palin.
“That’s kinda what got me to thinking that I too should run for president, if she can,” Barr said.
When Leno inquired if she would be running as a Democrat or a Republican she replied, “I’m not for either party because they both suck and they’re both a bunch of criminals.”
She continued, “So I made up my own party. It’s the Green Tea Party.”
Like Trump with Celebrity Apprentice, which saw large ratings gains during his flirtation with a presidential run, Barr has a reality show to promote. She just launched a series on Lifetime titled Rosanne’s Nuts, which follows the actress as she runs a Hawaiian nut farm. The first episode debuted to a healthy 1.6 million viewers a couple weeks ago, but this week’s latest episode had dropped to 785,000.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/04/roseanne-barr-president/?iid=blogM-2H-LN-Roseanne%20Barr:%20%27I%27m%20running%20for%20Pres ident%27