So I've owned a Motorola Droid 2 (Verizon) for about a year and a half now. I've never had any major issues with the phone up until yesterday when the menu key quit functioning. Just so we're on the same page, the "menu" key I'm referring to is the icon on the face of the phone (just below the screen and to the left) that looks like four squares.

The strange thing is the phone seems to be working perfectly fine other than this one key. Even the other three keys (Home, Back, Search) are all functioning perfectly. The menu key, however, is completely unresponsive. I've only been able to get it to work a couple of times in what has easily been several hundred attempts.

I've already tried powering down the phone and it has had no effect at all. The phone is out of warranty so unfortunately I can't get a replacement through Verizon. As I said, it DOES function perfectly other than the menu key but that key is used for many things including text attachments, internet browsing, apps, etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this and/or what would cause this? I'm thinking this is more of a physical problem with the phone rather than a software issue. If anyone has any ideas or has had this problem with their Droid I'd appreciate the insight. Thanks.