Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Grass Welch

Question for people of british culture?

I'm taking british speech classes, and sometimes I feel like I'm in Speech Of Retards class because pronounce T's or R's, and I'm barely passing because everytime I heard my teacher say "Geh meh sa waehh" I feel uncomfortable because I feel like I'm in the wrong class. Can british people explain why exactly they speak like the short bus passangers?
    Just so you know speech of retards, the short bus is a bus that special needs persons ride on frequently.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean? All british people have different accents. So if you are trying to get a perfect london accent, you shouldn't worry about it because I'm from London and no one speaks "posh" we use slang just like the rest of he world. We say T like tea or tee. And R like ar.

you can hardly talk lol the american accent has got to be the most annoying thing ive ever heard. i actually cant stand it! the men sound camp and the girls sound like theres a d!ck in there arse and
    why are you all so enthusiastic all the time?!

god dont get me started lol i HATE yanks

Buddha
    Born in England in 1945 and never spoken like that in my life.

munchkin
    People who are not from England basically get the misconception that we all talk like we are from the 1800s. Other countries have different accents and we are just the same. I personally do not talk like the queen and i don't know anyone who does.

Emily R
    I have read your other comment about the britsh having brain damage and I think you are the most racist person out I also think you should get a life and stop trying to upset us britsh.

macd
    Sounds like your learning a northern dialect. Here's some I can think of Scouse (Liverpool), Mancunian(Manchester), Geordie(Newcastle). There's loads more than this and even these can be broken down into different areas of the city that they come from.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your the dick who was making racists comments

Elle M
    lmao
    not every british person speaks like that, im from yorkshire so i pronounce my ts but like from my throat if ya get me, there loadsa different accents in britain there isnt just one

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information