Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

is it a bad thing that i'm not social? am i doing a disservice to myself by not

mingling with people? i have low self esteem and that causes me to want to stay away from people....i just don't feel like i will be accepted by them and it takes a lot of social effort on my part to feel welcome somewhere....so i just don't try anymore...yea i am bored out of my mind, but i feel more comfortable this way....in the long run, do you think i'm the one at a loss?
    i'm old...26

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please get help, you are missing out on a huge part of life. You don't say how old you are.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you are doing yourself a great disservce if your decision to be antisocial is based on low self-esteem and fictious thoughts in your head.

Get over the whoa is me bs and enjoy your life. Not sure how old you are, but if you are young now and continue this behavior, you'll wake up one day, much older and alone and have major regrets.

Live it up! Love yourself!

Slava Rossia
    are you me?

yes we are striving souls. it hurts inside out but what can we do? if we could we already had done it long time ago.

que sera, sera. lets wait till something comes up for us. let's fetch it right next time around.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol dude it's called introversion. You seem to be an introvert and so am I!

Us introverts are more comfortable being by ourselves than with other people.

However what you are doing is unhealthy! We shouldn't avoid people!

Here is a way to understand you situation:

Us introverts "recharge our batteries" when we are alone and use up our "batteries" when near other people.

You have to be careful not to get drained by people to much! This is why your feeling the way you are probably!

When you start to feel uncomfortable with people near you, JUST LEAVE! Avoid getting drained by all those people your uncomfortable with!

If you do this you should be able to balance out being with people and being alone!

Trust me theres nothing wrong with being an introvert! I find we are much deeper thinkers and tend to want deeper relationships (thats a good thing)

GOOd Luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its not bad if your comfortable with yourself.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im havign a similar issue, people on here think that just because im dominican, i must be black.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    26 is not old.

But yes, in the end its you who will be at a loss. You need to just get off your butt and get out there. I know its hard. After 15 years of marriage my ex walked out the door. That left me devastated and alone. I was like you until I decided to just get off my butt and start living life again. I'm no social butterfly but I'm no social pariah either.

Just get up and do something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information