Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

honda cbr 2009 or kawasaki ninja zx-6r 2009?

I am part-time student / full time worker, I need a buy to go to school and basically have fun while riding in NYC, this will be my second bike after 3 years of driving honda (200CC) -I am going for an upgrade but unable to choose between the two bikes, can someone help solve the quandry ( bike owners comments might help ) - do i buy honda cbr 2009 with abs and good comfort (handle bar raised) or ninja zx-6r (much stronger - good brakes with new showa pump), slipper clutch and more powerful than honda (slightly) but less comfortable - as handle bar is way down . please answer - thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a hardcore Yamaha Fan and own a R1/R6. I've been considering both of these bikes you talking about to add to my collection. I've been impressed with the Kawasaki by the quality that goes into the bike but I like the style of the honda. If I do decide to get one of the two it is more likely to be the honda just because it holds its resale value a little more because of it's name.

i'd strongly recommend something less powerful than a 600 when you're coming from a 200cc bike... Especially for "riding in NYC." a twin (SV650, EX650) would be better suited for city riding.

But if you're asking which of those 2 bikes is better, I have to say the Honda. frankly, you are not a good enough rider to make their track prowess an issue. And that's not an insult - it's just a fact. Only the absolute most skilled racers will be able to show as few tenths of a second difference between an '09 CBR and an '09 ZX6. With that in mind, clearly the Honda is the better choice.

Every review out there applauds the Honda for being easy to ride, easy to live with, and dead-nuts reliable. I own a Honda and a Kawasaki, so I like both brands, but look at the last 4-5 years of 600cc sportbike reviews. the Hondas consistently get a lot of praise. the Kawasaki was dead last in 2008, and now first in 2009. They're making drastic changes, which is good when they work, but it also means their design isn't as proven.

Honda all the way. it'll run for 40k miles or more, hold its value well, and you will NEVER notice that it's .1 seconds slower around the track you're not riding...

MoNkey c\"/3
    i myself have never rode a honda but i have rode a ninja zx-14r..if you are looking for power and torque..go with the kawasaki..if you are looking for comfort..go with the honda..i have sat on a honda and it was a lot more comfy than the kawasaki..and a lot lighter too.
    but it should really be up to you and how comfortable you feel on and with the bike..comfort is a major factor if purchasing a rockt

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were to go with either I would go with the Honda. Comfort matters and how fast do you need to go in the city anyway?
    Make sure it has a front stabilizer strut so you avoid tank slappers when you go over pot holes in the city.

The best advice, though you will definitely not want to hear and you won't take it is to stop riding in the city. I LOVE BIKES and I have ridden for over 10 years but recently sold mine- it's just way too risky and I rode in the country, forget about the city. I have been side swiped one too many times by idiots (watch out when they u-turn in front of you) on the road who didn't see me- despite my very loud exhaust (make sure it's loud).

If you don't take my advice, please save this email and refer to it one year (definitely within 3 years) from today. You will wish you took my advice. Believe me, NOBODY enjoy
    'ed" riding more than me but I also enjoy staying in one piece- especially if you are riding in the city...just not worth the risk- get your degree, make money and buy a nice apartment or car! This is solid advice from a biker who knows but I am very sure you will not take it. TIP- if you are stopped and a long tractor trailer is passing you slowly e.g. at a toll, the cab will clear you BUT the big and heavy back wheels (75+ ft away) might be on a direct collision course (angle) towards you! I almost got run over this way- the driver (radio on - couldn't hear my little Kawasaki ZX-6 horn- buy air horns & loud exhaust) had not idea that the back of his trailer was about to flatten me out- he would not have even felt the bump. At the very least always wear top of the line head to toe gear- even on those god awful hot days. WATCH THIS VIDEO but be warned, it's graphic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwx0Id4lF8I

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered a cruiser style? I once had a FZR600 but grew weary of it then sold it. If it had been a cruiser, I'd probably still have a bike. If you have much of a commute, the riding position will become uncomfortable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honda cbr 2009 ,,better resale, both are good bikes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information