Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

why did my 2 fish die?

i put saltwater in my wild fishes tank and the fish were from a saltwater river then two of them died

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    put it in room tempature water

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It might of been that the salt did not get around the tank fast enough and there might of not been a cycle so the fish died. Don't be alarmed. Maybe someone put them in the river because they were dieing not expecting someone to pick them up. The water temperature could of been different from the river to your aquarium if you even have a heater. It also could of been that you had no filter and they died of no oxygen.
    Sorry to hear tho.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then maybe it wasn't clean saltwater. Just because they're saltwater fish doesn't mean that they live in dirty water. Put a clean filter in their tank and also a temperature meter. Make sure it is either room temperature, or hotter temperature water. Make sure that the water stays reasonable. Don't under heat the water, and don't over heat it. Hopefully this is good advice. Thanks for letting me answer ur question.

Because you didn't know what you were doing. having fish caught in the wild, and putting them in a tank is cruel to begin with. Also,was the tank water matching the qualities of the river water? Like ph..salinity..things like that. How did you mix the saltwater? if it was for fish tanks, the properties could be completely different then the river type of salt water. The river was probably more brackess then full salt.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    because you maybe changed the water temperature... or they were put in freshwater then salt water and they couldn't get used to it. fish die really easily... so it could be anything. maybe there was a bacteria in the water that killed them or something but id get a new fish and try to keep the water room temperature and not saltwater unless you bought them in salt water. Try not to feed them too much or too little. most need to be feed once a day but you should research the fish you're getting and learn about it so it lives longer.

hope this helps,
    Thanks.
    McKenna

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information