Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Merry Mom

What's your best In-Law story?

Through out our lives they just don't go away....
    Sometimes that a good thing. Share one of your favs.
    Good one:
    I was having post-partum and just couldn't smile or anything. My sister and brother in-law came over to help. My sister took care of my son and my brother in-law told me he was so proud of me and really cared about how I was feeling and reassured me that this will pass. He rarely speaks, but this really helped.
    Bad one:
    My husband's little sister is quite a piece of work; It was Christmas Eve and we all came to visit at my husband's parent's home. The parents were opening up the sis in-law's gift to them..when they opened it, she jumped up and down and said to all of us "TOP THAT!" and pointed her finger at us. We were all shocked. I can't even remember what the gift was,just her comment. I should add she was 30 at the time.

I could write book about her and her foolishness.

Feel free to share your story.......

simplyshy
    My x father -in-law was a real card. We called him Sam , he was an over the road truck driver.I have fobias and fears.
    We bought a new mobile home and the dining room & kitchen area were raised and oh so beautiful. But when winter came so did some mice. I fear them like no other thing.
    Sam suggested that if I sprinkle pepper on the kitchen counter tops, I would hear them sneeze and know if it were safe to go in or not. This went on over a year and the sprinkling on very thick and then the wiping off it all in the morning.
    We had the family over and Sam brought up the mice situation and how I was putting pepper on the counter tops at night and wiping it off in the morning and everyone just looked at me. I thought what is going on, Betty my mother -in-law said Sam how could you be so cruel to her by telling her such foolishness. I felt as if I were shrinking so small I could fit into a sewing thimble and stay there until all the family left.
    This story has been one the pulled on me.
    But I pulled one on them. My husband had a problem , he watched everything I ate.
    his sister needed to go to a diabetic candy store a 45min. drive and invited me. I asked if I could try it. Sure , no calories.
    Anyway, I found the real things to the diabetic ones she purchased. I asked her to allow me to switch labels and she agreed.
    Got home and asked if they all would love to try these chocolate covered cherries and green mints............... each family member including my husband tasted the cherry item and each spit it out almost gagging..... oh, you can really tell the difference in diabetic and the real thing. Then I said maybe the green mints would be better......... same thing,,,,,,, they gagged and spit it out and said oh,that stuff is crap... who could eat it.
    They were eating the real things , not diabetic........ I call that one mind over matter.
    One more, My Chrissy was told to drink water for her problems and at 5 she just would drink it. So I love bottled water from Walmart. I again did mind over matter.
    I said Chrissy, would you like to try my "Pretty Water", your skin becomes very pretty and healthy. She waited a minute or two and she took half of the drink and I said Chrissy look at your hands , they are turning Pretty, and then she wanted more. So with 10 minutes she had two and a half cups of Pretty Water. At this point I said oh CHrissy
    your face and hair are pretty now. Go into the bathroom and turn the light on and see for yourself. She did and started yelling Nana , I am pretty and came running out and gave me a hug and I gave this sad look and said ' Oh Chrissy, there is one sad side effect to the Pretty Water, it only lasts one day. You have to drink it every day.
    Parents were aware of what I was doing,
    unfortunately Mammal wasn't and got very upset when she went to Walmart and had to ask the manager where they sold the Pretty Water, her granddaughter said her Nana buys it here. They gave her a dirty look and said lady we don't have pretty water.
    They were laughing at her as she left the store upset. The next week we were celebrating a birthday and she comes up in my face and said " What in the hell is pretty water. It's easy, Walmarts drinking water.
    Ohoooooooooooooooooooo. she was frustrated and walked away.

IRB
    My father in law who treated his 5 kids like crap and eventurally took another wife and abandoned them, got old....so he contacts his 5 kids asking to contribute $100.00 each a month because he can no longer work. They all said no. True justice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information