Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Place on a rack under a hot grill in the oven.
    I like some of mine crispy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bacon cooking plate for the microwave. I start it in there to quickly get some of the fat off. I finish it in a cast iron skillet on medium or low (if I'm waiting to cook something else). Then I pat it dry with a paper towel and serve.

I cover the bacon with paper towels in the microwave

Eolra
    IMO Start in a cold pan, turn up to medium. Fry until crisp as you like it, turning over once.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of your restaurants bake it on a large baking sheet. They layer oven paper, bacon, oven paper, bacon, etc. I think they bake at about 350 and check it in about 30-45 min.

I use a frying pan on medium.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I quit buying raw bacon and now buy the precooked kind. You microwave it for 5 seconds per slice. I use a paper plate and cover with a paper towel. No grease no mess.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I quit buying raw bacon and now buy the precooked kind. You microwave it for 5 seconds per slice. I use a paper plate and cover with a paper towel. No grease no mess.

missvickisue
    I use an indoor double sided cast iron griddle that covers 2 burners on your stove. One side is flat and the other is grooved for giving that grilled look once cooked. Both sides are designed to allow all of the drippings to flow down and into a small well. Either side is good for bacon but the flat side is best if you don't want your bacon to curl up too much and would like it flatter. Set something with a little weight on it on your bacon to keep it flat. Tastes great without all of the fat. This is a good way to season the cast iron as well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    to me as a chef your question is a little bit unclear.
    but i assume you do not mean to cook (boil in water with some herbs and spices) and then use it for soup or just slice it up and put on bread with mustard. we do it like that...
    so it will be rashers/stripes of bacon grilled?
    no science is needed. heat up any pan, put the stripes of bacon inside and fry, you want it crispy, just turn it around a few times.
    don't wonder when after cooking a big fat stripe nothing much is left in the pan. most commercial bacon has a salt/curing solution injected, no time for old fashioned curing, smoking is also done quickly over moist heat, in order to get maximum utilization with a minimum of loss.
    and don't believe all these ads, smoked over hickory wood and the stuff. they use chips in a smoke machine,end of the story. or even better, they use liquid smoke, which is made by dry distilling wood and then add some water...
    at least ONE thing is true, the more expensive bacon has the better cuts from the middle of the belly, the cheaper ones use also the ends or you get a few nice slices laid out carefully on top, showing only nice streaky meat. then you open the packet, turn it over and all the fatty bits and pieces are there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information