Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Electronics Engineering Technology, what is it, and what job titles will I have

with a bachelors? Here is my situation, I am about to receive my associates in this field. I am confused about everything that i was lead to believe when I first started. From what I can gather, I will end up being just a technician even with a bachelors in this field. Am I wrong?

Any insight will help me greatly. My loves and hobbies involve working with electronics, but not as a technician at some manufacturing plant. I also love computers and the hardware. When I first started I envisioned myself working, testing and building prototypes of devices. What major do I have to study in order to actually do this? It would really put my mind at ease if an electrical engineer would answer my question and if they explain what field they are talking about (electronics engineering technology or electrical engineering). It would also help me if an actual electronics engineering technology profession did the same for this field.

Thank you so much for any help

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully, people with the appropriate training and experience will answer your question but in the meantime, search for the various branches of electrical and electronic engineering in Wikipedia and speak to the career guidance officer at your present college. I have worked in electronic laboratories in which some people had bachelor degrees, some had associate degrees or certificates and some had trade level certificates but all were doing much the same work. In other cases, the people with bachelor degrees made the design decisions and the others did the soldering. It is confusing but if you have the talent and the interest, you will achieve your ambition.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information