Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia X6

Nokia X6

I have to say one thing though - the batter in the X6 is definitely the most amazing battery in a phone i've had so far. It's come to the point that i just leave my browser running all day without exiting it and the phone is constantly connected to EDGE and i don't need to worry about the phone dying within a work day. I also send and receive about 300-500 texts a day and i'm using my music player through out the day. On a work day around the time i get home i have about 4/7 bars of the battery life left.

Nokia X6

Are you saying that you have one and it does not multitask well or generalizing and speculating?

Nokia X6

Do the X6 and OmniaHD have the new v7.2 of he native web browser? 5800 just got it in the new V50 FW and its just amazing, the native browser is a lot faster and more user friendly now. Im sure X6 will get it soon.
    OmniaHD strangely enough performed very poorly in GSMArena's browser test shoot out,have no idea what SAMSUNG were doing,but the software is not taking full advantage of the hardware, except in the camera.

Nokia X6

What product codes are you using guys? I have the unlocked latam model and still no updates for me. Euro codes tell me there's an update in the sw updater from the phone, but NSU won't let me upgrade.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

That's not predictive text, that's URL history. I recall that when you are in the text entry screen T9 predictive was available but not after the update.

Nokia X6

Ack! The Dell deal is gone already. I was just getting ready to go for that. :/ Any other cheapy deals out there?

Nokia X6

Same here. I think v21 has been out for several weeks, but this seems about par for the course for Nokia NAM models.:disappoin

I can't complain too much as I don't know what they could improve on the phone's performance. I've had zero issues with it.

Nokia X6

Wirelessly posted (nokia n97: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/22.2.110; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

It does seem that there are a few X6 models to get the latest firmware update. No biggie, but would be nice.

Of course, I've other issues since my X6 met the beach this weekend. Hoping I can at least get my pics off it - else that's the end of the X6 for me.

Nokia X6

What do you mean by more user friendly? Is the interface different?

Nokia X6

I used a relative's N97 over a few weeks, while visiting in Greece.

I was going to buy an unlocked GSM phone for overseas travel, as I used to use a CDMA phone on Verizon, but since he had since abandoned his N97 to his desk drawer in favor of a Windows Mobile phone, he let me use his during my trip.

It wasn't the worst phone I've ever used; it was okay, but my impression of it was as a glorified feature phone, the kind usually provided by Samsung or LG, like Verizon's LG Dare. And yeah, I did get those 'low memory' warnings on the N97 a couple of times.

Plus, I used to use an older Palm Treo Pro, the one that ran Winmo 6.1. Palm made the decision to slap an underpowered processor and very low RAM on it; as a result any chance of really 'multi tasking' was out the window. So, yeah, I'm pretty familiar with different manufacturers mysteriously gimping their devices for one reason or another.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information