Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Inception - How freakin weird and secretive is this movie

It's being released in IMAX but it's just upscaled IMAX (like Star Trek).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is why the film doesn't work on an emotional level. You can admire it and enjoy it but you don't come out feeling anything for Cobb. The central aim of Cobb is to get back with his chlidren and as the only character explored in any detail, this is the focus of many scenes in the film.

But then, at the end, it is clear that it doesn't matter to Nolan that he might not be in the real world, so why build it up as if it did matter? If Nolan didn't care about it, why should we? If he did care about Cobb, the final shot would have been a pullback to show the totem resting on its side. But as he is more interested in the trick, the totem is still spinning (with a bit of a wobble just to play with us).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went to see this yesterday and really enjoyed it. But i did not find it one bit confusing or feel like I need to see it again to understand it, I felt the plot was easy to follow. Ive seen many films where I have needed to watch again but this is not one of them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Ghost World and Deserana I didnt know Cobb had got a bit older.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think so.

[spoiler]I'm sure Taylor Geare (Phillipa aged 5) and Jonathan Geare (James 3 years) are the two kiRAB seen throughout the film. They are the kiRAB in the recurring scene where they're called away before Cobb can see their faces, and they're the kiRAB at the end of the film.

I think the younger kiRAB appear at a different point - maybe when Mal is convinced the kiRAB aren't real, before the goes and kills herself.
    [/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Look. I'm not trying to make this out to be some kind of pissing contest. I genuinely do want to hear both sides of the story. I used to frequent Infowars, i've read many a David Icke book, many a Chomsky book, i'm au-fait with the military-industrial complex, believe me, the wool isn't easily pulled over my eyes.

I'm not asking you to prove yourself, just point me in the direction you've obviously been enlightened in, otherwise you continue to come across as yet another conspiracy theorist looking for a conspiracy in just about anything. Telling people they're sheep but wont elaborate on the 'hidden secret knowledge' they're party to.

Which, as i hope you are aware, can be a very bad thing.

"Well go on and believe what the heck you want to and convince all the good people here that there's nothing apart from good imagination and creativity."

Does it make me a sheep to suggest that perhaps Christopher Nolan did think up a story and made it into a film? That perhaps, using influences in his life, stories he read / films he watched came up with some device....that wasn't really gone into in the film...to enable shared dreaming?

Oh my god. The military have a device that enables you to share dreams, and they've just told us through the medium of film. First they've got to drug you, and themselves, connect you and them to a machine and they can go into your mind and plant ideas.

So what? I'll make sure my neighbours are on the look out for the black helicopters landing on my front lawn.

Next thing you'll be telling me that Bruce Lee was murdered by TriaRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Watched it again and i must admit my original reaction to this film was slightly OTT. Still a good film. Not as deep as some would try to make out, and is slightly complicated because you're kinda expected to learn everything on the fly. Now, I don't want to be spoon fed the plot, but it does at some parts get to the point where I'm thinking what the fu..?

Plus the plot holes don't help, some were obvious, and the basic premise of the film 'do this job for me and I'll get you back to your kiRAB' would have been laughed at if it was in a Michael Bay movie or that. Which is why I don't think it's fantastic. It's f*cking good, just not sh*t hot amazing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you talking MKULTRA?
    Give me some names. Make me understand.

What film makers, and which artists have died? Who have tried to reveal the truth, often in vain? Are these people seperate to the myriad of published books on the subject?

Who died suddenly whilst making a movie? Are we talking Kubrick on Eyes Wide Shut?

Who is all of a sudden making a major big impact and who has came from relatively nowhere, but all of a sudden is a 'major league' player? Are you specifically talking about Nolan?

Can you give me anything from your cryptic text?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice one Martin, especially your last sentence

And yes, I still believe that Bruce was indeed murdered by the TriaRAB....but that's me and the sources that I have.

And I also still believe movies like this are predictive regardless. The actors/actresses themselves might not even be aware.

Shutter Island, for example, was just a total blatant out there insult.

And then you have predictive games etc.......showing the two towers being demolished.

Coincidence? I once thought so until I realised who controls the media.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't remember that. Maybe when you tell me the difference you noticed.

They might have repeated the scene so that the audience has to buy a second ticket to understand it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information