Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Nokia N8 Pre-Ordre starts today USA

720p? iPhone 4 plays 1080p! Check the following link...

http://blog.gsmarena.com/iphone-4-no...ivx-magic-too/

Totally agree with others in this thread that the price is too high. Nokia should keep it under $350 even then I wouldn't buy an outdated OS with slow CPU. Galaxy, N1, X10 & ip4 are better phones for the price!

yeah, why pre-order for full retail price 6 weeks prior to the item coming out.
    no reason to do that.

True, two to three months down the line, your day to day use is going to be all about the quality of the software and not all the hardware specs.

It may have usb-otg, but if the device is unstable or slow (not saying that it will be, just going on past performance, N97), then you're going to want to punt the thing into the nearest lake.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Depends what you want from a phone. N8 is top Camera/Video recording phone on the market. Only phone that support MKV, Bluetooth mouse/keyboard, USBOTG, Doubly Surround Sound out of the box. Yes UI is outdated, CPU is weak spot but GPU is one of the most powerful and RAM amount will be enough. S^3 uses writeable data paging so 256MB of RAM is should be enough unless you run Browser, Video Editor, Picture Editor, OVI maps and have 3 full pages of widgets at the same time.
    And you can make a phone call with it regardless how you hold it.

Wasn't the N97 preorder price about that much at the start? I'm sure you can always wait a week or so for some crazy loophole and by the n8 with a bt or extended warranty for like $450 just like many did with the n97.

Wow, liking that price a LOT more than the Nokia site lol.

Question: Is there any retail locations in Chicago that will have these at the release date? I'm going to be there from October 1-4 for a family vacation, and am not sure that by preordering somewhere (or ordering once they go live) I will get the phone in time, so stopping into a store to get one would be a great option (and save shipping costs). Thanks.

The 3Q statement is for initial quantities in select markets. I sincerely doubt you'll be able to pick your color this quarter, but that you should have no trouble getting your chosen color for Christmas. I'm waiting for orange!

I thought that the green was exclusive to Vodafone?

Nokia usa still shows end of september

Exactly true.

The novelty of the hardware features will eventually wear off and you'll realize you never use HDMI out or care about the fact that a phone provides Dolby Digital support, because those are useless features.

I doubt many people spending $550 on a phone are going to depend on it as a media center or HTPC, because they probably already have something that does that. I have an Xbox360 and a PS3, and I use them both to play HD on my TV, as well as the receiver from my HTIB which handles most media from an external drive or a USB key.

Software on the other hand vastly extends the useful life of a product. Past the first year it will be software that will make the phone fun to use and explore. Without a large market and developer support this phone will quickly become stale and hamstrung by the lack of apps taking advantage of its hardware.

The worst part is paying a high end price for a phone using an obsolete OS, an OS that Nokia itself is leaving behind for high end phones.

So if you really want to pay a high end price for a phone with a low end OS, then go for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information