Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

4Kids Talkback: The Crossroads of Destiny - The 4Kids Discussion V10

First Post FTW!

Well, Im glad Toonzai is doing well, I hope that the reruns dont ruin this trend.

I wouldn't call the 0.9 on the second Yu-Gi-Oh! a black hole.

Holy cow!

People at this forums may dislike the schedule, but the kids sure don't.

Like Mohji mentioned, the second airing of Yu-Gi-Oh! DM was generally better and it is usually behind Sonic X and DBZ Kai for getting the highest ratings for the block. I don't see how it could be considered being black holes for the ratings. 5D's, unfortunately, has almost always done poorly on the block, which still kind of surprises me, so I don't think that it really had good ratings in the recent weeks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yu-Gi-Oh is doing great. It shouldn't go anywhere.

Bingo. And in reply to your commenting about the company "finding" someone as opposed to "appointing" someone, I think bringing in someone from the outside would be a whole lot better than promoting someone who's on the board already, fresh faces are needed for situations such as this instead of relying on someone who's too closely associated to the previous head honcho.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exceed Monsters have yet to debut in Japan, actually. Starter Deck 2011 will hit Japanese stores in March, right around the debut of Zexal.

I said this on the anime version of the thread and I'm repeating it here for emphasis:

4kids needs to do some grand experimenting and find something. I can't repeat this enough: they need VISION. They need to find something that hits resonantly with their target audience, whatever the target audience may be. 4kids needs a Gargoyles, a Pokemon, a Sailor Moon, a Ben 10, something, anything.

It doesn't matter if it's Twelve Kingdoms serious or Adventure Time screwy. They need to find something in the next couple of years and make it work.

And that means they can't make a series that's thirteen episodes (standard season) of 22-minute merch commercials. They need to make a series that's thirteen episodes of 22-minute stories that happen to have a merch line.

4kids needs to look at Pixar's company motto and business strategy. The motto is "Story is king". The business strategy is "quality is the best business plan". If Pixar can makes zillions off of merchandise and tell highly effective stories, so can 4kids, if they find the right people for the job. It doesn't matter if it's live-action, 2d-animated, flash-animated, or 3d-animated. They need a creator with a clear-cut vision for a great story that can support a merchandise line. And then they do it again.

heard Khan was leaving. glad to hear. Also, wasnt Battle Spirits, or whatever supposed to premire sometime this winter?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I don't think any of those are it. After all the majority of DBZ Kai's cast is adult characters and takes itself pretty seriously compared to the original Funimation dub . Gohan's techinically the only kid in the whole main cast and he doesn't do much until the Cell saga.

It could just be that the kids don't like the idea of it being a spin off of the original. After all GX supposedly didn't do much better.

It's why I'm hoping 4 Kids will try to deviate from the toyetic shows a bit more. I know they need to be able to merchandise their shows to make any real money, but it's clear that their action shows are more popular and they should try too add more titles with that sort of appeal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information