Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Complaints = Nostalgia?

Well, I found the plot of the movie worked quite well, and the cast and crew worked with it and made it pretty good. Did I LOVE the movie? No, but I found it very enjoyable, and very funny in some parts. I also thought the CGI was gorgeous..sadly I didn't think the same of the classic toon's animation.

Who said anything about being "more realistic"? I mean...you got a mach truck that turns into a giant robot...what realism do you speak of?

Complaints = Nostalgia?

It's a long story, and to tell it here would take this thread severely off-topic, so I think we'd better stay on-topic. Suffice it to say, I was referring to the movie's plot, and not the transforming robots themselves.

Complaints = Nostalgia?

That's not cool.

Complaints = Nostalgia?

I think for me it's part nostalgia. But, I enjoy a lot of the shows that I haven't seen in a while, because I see them in a mature light now. Those old shows seem to stand the test of time, and I still compare my views on those shows from a while ago to now. I think it's fair, because I watch shows and still love most of the ones I used to watch when I was little. I think it was just good quality. Spongebob and Jimmy Neutron on some modern day Nicktoons that I think are great. I think Fairly Oddparents is good as well. For CN, I have always liked Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and the more current episodes from last season I think were still funny. But other than that, CN just doesn't really have any good shows..... I mean I think the other one that is CLOSEST to good (for me) would have to be Camp Lazlo.... and now I pretty much see that as like a 4 or 5 /10..... CN just doesn't have good shows like the Cartoon Cartoons they used to (which again, I watch Top 5 and I still LOVE the Cartoon Cartoons even seeing them 5 years later and comparing them to what CN shows now).

Complaints = Nostalgia?

I think us toon nerds are particularly nostalgic about the shows that sparked our interest in 'em. And I think revamps get a bum rap. Certainly the production values reflect higher budgets and better technology, if not writing.

But the minute someone goes off on how Cobra was a more credible enemy than Team Rocket, they've lost me.

Complaints = Nostalgia?

It's an unfair comparison, anyway. "Apples and oranges", as they say.

Complaints = Nostalgia?

How is it unfair to compare modern shows to older ones? Especially when they're very similar (i.e. old TNMT vs. new TNMT, etc.).

Complaints = Nostalgia?

I meant it was unfair to compare COBRA (G.I. Joe, an American series) to Team Rocket (Pok?mon, a Japanese series).

(sigh) I guess I should have used those quote tags. Whoops...

Complaints = Nostalgia?

I understand that we're all partial to nostalgia, just that not all of the complaints towards Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon are based on feelings of the old days. Some complaints are more than valid.

Complaints = Nostalgia?

I guess your point makes sense, but is nationality really that big a divider nowadays? Look at Cowboy Bebop. It's a Japanese show influenced by the Italian films of Sergio Leone which were about American history.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information