Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

N82 #-key / Pencil Key / Copy/Paste Issues?

^ im using the euro3 product code right now (although it did it euro1 as well and with the original malaysian firmware the phone came with)

i only changed the product code - i believe there is only one firmware version - 10.0.046

but dmo brought up an interesting observation - both of us have garmin xt installed and both of us have the problem - i also noticed in the other thread that domlee0 has the issue and his profile says he has garmin xt

so id like to ask (for both those of you with and those of you without the problem) - do you have garmin xt installed on your phone?

I have Garmin XT installed aswell.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No Garmin software for me and mine is working normal.

here's how it worked on mine...

type word... if you press the # key a few times the softkeys disappear.. you can then scroll to a word and it will allow you to copy it... and then you can also paste it....

when you are done press and hold the * key (STAR KEY) it'll open up the symbols and also exit out of copy and paste mode...

well, I hope reflashing works for you Kricket. I'll try it myself is there instructions how to do that?

On my phone to activate copy and paste. You have to hold the # key for at least a second or two, and as soon as you let it go it deactivates.

So if I want to highlight a bunch of lines, I have to hold it and press up, up, up, etc. Let go of the d-pad but still holding the #, hit the left softkey to copy.

Works fine, have yet to have a problem.

Malaysian region, no garmin xt installed.

It seems the problem for you guys is the key is getting stuck. Once you let go of it, it's not registering to the os. Simple bug and should be fixed next firmware. Unless garmin is causing it, then it is obviously garmin's problem, not nokias.

awesome - this works for me in the sms app - as long as i have some sort of reasonable workaround, im happier

@klas - check out the product code thread - thats what i used to flash mine:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1290178

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No issues here, I have an "emerging unit" flashed to EURO1, # toggles between the predictive and normal, and if I hold it, it switches to copy and paste but no issues with the centre key.

Yeah. Like I wrote in the other thread I think, if you bring up another menu or a new screen the phone is fine. So if you wait for your screen saver to kick in, everything is back to normal. Or if you bring up an options menu and u close it, then you're good again. It's messy but yeah.

Also I do get the continuous zoom in Nokia Maps. I'm uninstalling Garmin XT as we speak right now and will continue experimentation.

This is the one phone I've had the most troubles with but I've also been playing with the most. S60 definitely is powerful. My W810i was just plug and go but then again you couldn't do as many things.

UPDATE FRI JAN 04 8:29 PM:

It's totally Garmin XT. I removed it, rebooted my phone and holding the # key and letting it go stops the copy/paste mode. It WORKS as expected.

Questions:

1) Does anyone know if Garmin XT has any features associated with the # button?

2) Which version of Garmin XT are you running if you have this problem. I ran 4.10.20 and 4.10.40. Maybe the .60 will update this?

3) Do N95 users have this issue? I notice half the threads I read are N95 threads since the 82 is too new for sufficient resources to be out there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information