Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Subscriber

lightningflik

New Subscriber

It's really hard to negotiate for a better deal for a new install. From what it sounds like he's already getting a good deal. Free install, 2 HD receiver rentals for $6. That's gotta be new. I'm also pretty sure although they said that you were on the $69 program package that your actually not set in stone to chose that package, that's like a template for their orders, you can actually get the basic package or opt for more. I know because I initially signed for the digital extra, but went with the essentials on the install date.

cslusarc

New Subscriber

This is the best offer that Bell has for new Bell TV customers unless you are also moving your Home Phone service back to Bell with a Wireline Winback Offer.

You will be paying $88/month before taxes and the $5 Bell Bundle discount on Bell TV services for the first few months plus another $2/month after January 2010 and $10 more beginning in month 13, saving you $24/month for the first 12 months and $14/month for months 13-24. If you do think this discount is good enough, move to Manitoba where Shaw Digital Cable and MTS Ultimate TV are duking it out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Subscriber

Went back to the Bell Store. Representative told me that the installer will arrange for any changes to my programming package and theme choices.
    I will sign the contract at that time.
    This will occur only after all the hardware is installed and activated.
    Apparently before this policy a lot of people were signing contracts at the store and choosing their packages (all time consuming) then the installer would show up and the installation could not take place for one reason or another (line on sight?). Now I get it!

Roman Centurion

New Subscriber

Get a brochure from the store. Go online at bell.ca. Figure out in advance which packages you'll want, and what price level you will be happy with.

An informed customer is a happy customer. If you wait until installation day, you'll be in a hurry to pick your channels.

tofinoguy

New Subscriber

After signing the contract on your install date, you have 10 days to cancel without penalty. If you are unhappy with your service or prices, you may be given the option of receiving a discount for the first year of your contract when you call to cancel, but YMMV. I know that when I compared the price of my cable package to Bell when all was said and done, Bell ended up costing more. I decided to call and cancel and cut my losses but was offered a discount roughly equalling the difference between cable and Bell, so I stuck with BTV. Not sure how this would work on a two year contract as I am only on a one year contract since there was no Bell installer in my area.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Subscriber

Thanks everyone for the wealth of information. I will let you know what happens on install day (Friday). Even if Bell TV is a little more expensive I won't mind because their PVR is superior to my present Cogeco PVR. I have a brochure and know exatly what package that I want.
    I have 4 RG6 coaxial cables in the SW part of my attic that run to a distribution box in the basement; I have 3 tvs so apparently I will need all 4 cables. (one PVR and 2 HD boxes)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Subscriber

Bell technician arrived at 11am for a 1pm apt. He had a previous cancellation.
    After introductions he offered me a Bell dish that had an antenna built into it so that I would be able to receive OTA channels; (Windsor); I went for it. (Cost up front for the Bell dish with antenna $90 on a 2 yr. contract)
    Tech installed dish; made a phone call to activate the dish; set up tvs; (3) each tv has a splitter for the antenna feed; sat came in at 92; explained to me that the dish is powered and showed me where the power unit was and where it was plugged in; ran a wire to the water pipe to ground the dish: explained features of the 9241.
    Had me sign a paper document acknowledging that I had received the equipment listed and installation. Billed me $90 and tax for the dish.
    He had a hand held device where he recorded the programming and themes that I wanted and had me sign on the screen.
    Had me sign the gizmo again acknowledging my 2 yr. contract.
    Programs appeared on the tvs 25 minutes later.
    Overall a pleasant experience. Any comments or questions?

Gino Cerullo

New Subscriber

Yeah, what's this dish and antenna combo look like? Can you take a picture of it and post it. Do you have any other info about it, make, model? What's the over-the-air reception like?

Pinza

New Subscriber

Same questions, along with, what area are you in.? What Installation Company did the work.?

yourtoys7

New Subscriber

so whats your total?, Im trying to figure out who gives better deal. Rogers offered me 46. for VIP with free 1 year rental (HD PVR & HD). After 1 year agent told me to call to and try get another deal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information