Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to make Push work with iOS5? Emails not appearing in lockscreen

If push is on, your push will work. Everyone knows what push is. And there is fetch. The fetch system uses those times everyone selects to pull data every 15, 30, hour, or manual intervals when push isn't available, i.e an app that doesnt support Push data. But depending on the email client you have, determines if there is push or not.

I have no problem what so ever getting my emails pushed to my iPhone 4 the second I someone senRAB me data, be it on my old yahoo or gmail, or even my new ICloud. Maybe exchange is different now in iOS 5. Only time will give us more answers.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.454144,-111.986228
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Callum J

I am using Exchange for my Hotmail and GMail accounts under iOS 5. I am doing the following steps and typing them up:

Powering off.

Created an email in Hotmail that is going to my Hotmail, Gmail and Mobile Me accounts.

Powering on the iPhone.

As soon as the lock screen goes active I will hit send.

Sent.

Time from sent to all three hitting the phone, about 12 seconRAB.

If you are having an issue with push mail, then there is a setup issue with the account or in the general settings.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I get my mail instantaneously. I agree its definitely a setup issue. :-)

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.464011,-111.990911

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No one is doubting that it works for you. But there is a fair nuraber of us who have been posting lately with push problems that can't be explained by the simple answer of having push turned on, or any other settings. To just say that push will work if push is on doesn't solve the issue.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very possible Skull, but so far I haven't found it, and I assure you I've really been over them. As a matter of fact, as mentioned in another topic, I actually got push to work once, but never after that. There were no changes made before or after that one time that it worked. It just worked, then it didn't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alright lets level the playing field. Do a forced iPhone backup. Do a factory reset. Activate the phone. DO NOT RESTORE. Create one exchange email account with push notifications. Without going into the mail app, send an email to the phone. If it works, you know it is your data. Restore that data, destroy that email account and reenter it again. If that doesn't fix it then the issue is in the general settings. It is called shotgun troubleshooting, but I can guarantee after you have done all this you will know where the problem lies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just may do that, but if I do I'll need some help setting up the exchange account. Never had one before. It's not something that I'm going to start tonight for sure. I'd like to think that it ought to have a simpler solution. I do appreciate the suggestion Skull. Really do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure it's just ios and the iCloud network right now. Sometimes I can send an iMessage, sometimes I can't (more cant than can right now).

4 million iPhone 4S were sold in 4 days, and I'm sure most of those people are trying to connect with iCloud and other services but each of us are having difficulties of their own, and it's only normal. Problem reports are sent automatically, I'm sure the apple team is trying to press every bug out as we speak. No OS is perfect and fully functional completely the first few days, let alone weeks its been launched.

Everyone's new OS experiance can vary. I'd do what Skull is suggesting, it seems the only thing left to do. What could it hurt?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.462282,-111.990683

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

In this scenario push does work. The problem comes in when a iPhone is already powered on but in stand by. Any email sent will not be received unless the user opens the email app or reboots the phone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information