Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Best way to remove screen protector...

tightening the screws arent gonna do much jonnybruha. its as tight as they can go and any tighter and you'll damage the LCD. also, there is no real lcd cover on the n95...what you see is what you get bascially...theres no protective lens covering the lcds like most phones, the lcd on the n95 is directly exposed, which is why im thinking nokia provided us with a screen protector. since this is the case, dust cant get under the screen...what he meant is theres dust UNDER the screen protector because when he put it on most likely some pieces of dust were still on the screen or already stuck to the protector.

I was not provided with a screen protector in my N95 box. I bought mine from the Nokia store in Chicago and there is definitely a plastic covering over the screen. Not to get into a Finland vs Nokia war, but I believe that's one of the variations in the build.

The OP also said he's talking about the screen protector that came on the phone. If there's dust caught between the screen protector and the screen, you don't see just dust, you see a bubble with dust inside.

^
    Yup... Just to clarify the dust is under the screen protector and NOT under the lcd. Got this tiny bubble then the dust is at the middle.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well what i meant was theres no space between the lcd and the protective covering like most phones...for example on my old k750 there was a good 1/4cm of space between the lcd and the protective lens. on the n95 theres just a piece of plastic over the lcd.

Ok just an update, Good news and bad news.
    Good news is I have managed to remove the screen protector using a plastic straw.

Bad news is the screen protector is a goner. Time for a new one.

I can't comment on the N95, but my wife and I both have the E65, hers with the original screen protector and mine with an aftermarket version (sorry, I forget which brand).

Using identical theme and display settings, with the handsets side-by-side, my screen is much brighter, while my wife's screen has a green tinge.

YMMV.

Well why didn't you say that the first time?

I know exactly what you're talking about. My 6630 had that same amount of space as well. At the very least, it looks like the shape of the N95 is a bit better than the N73 in that it doesn't feel like it's going to get caught against your leg and cause the screen to crack. There are a bunch of threads floating around from people who cracked their LCD's on their N73's because of the lack of space between the LCD and the plastic covering and the tall shape of the ohone.

Only MIF models are designed without plastic protector. MBN's are designed old way like in N73/N80 etc.,

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine's made in Finland and it has the plastic. It did not come with a screen protector, but it does have plastic as part of the housing covering the LCD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information